Home

Drive and Kick and 3pt

This is a discussion on Drive and Kick and 3pt within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2020, 03:27 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Drive and Kick and 3pt

Does any have a slider set or know which sliders will help in these keey points:

*Drive and kick 3pt shot- I lowered the gather defensive strength and did a uhaul on the roster but I'm only averaging 22-28 three pointers per game by the CPU. I want to get this in the mid 30s

*More turnovers- the only TOs I get are from steals. I want more non steal TOs.

*Less PIP- majority of the time the CPU will just bulldoze their way into the paint. I want paint points to be 30-40 range on average not in the 60s.

*more fouls

If I can get these 4 aspects to look sort of realistic then this will keep me playing 2K until 2k22 comes out.

By the way I'm on PC.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Drive and Kick and 3pt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Does any have a slider set or know which sliders will help in these keey points:

*Drive and kick 3pt shot- I lowered the gather defensive strength and did a uhaul on the roster but I'm only averaging 22-28 three pointers per game by the CPU. I want to get this in the mid 30s

*More turnovers- the only TOs I get are from steals. I want more non steal TOs.

*Less PIP- majority of the time the CPU will just bulldoze their way into the paint. I want paint points to be 30-40 range on average not in the 60s.

*more fouls

If I can get these 4 aspects to look sort of realistic then this will keep me playing 2K until 2k22 comes out.

By the way I'm on PC.

Drive and Kick
I've only gotten this to work by not playing tight on certain players. If the team has a stretch big, they've been pretty good at utilizing them. Have you tried Shady's set on NLSC? Are you using a custom roster?

Turnovers
Reduce pass accuracy and ball control. More scrambles for the loose ball can lead to it going out of bounds and bad passes should happen sometimes, even when we think they shouldn't.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Drive and Kick
I've only gotten this to work by not playing tight on certain players. If the team has a stretch big, they've been pretty good at utilizing them. Have you tried Shady's set on NLSC? Are you using a custom roster?

Turnovers
Reduce pass accuracy and ball control. More scrambles for the loose ball can lead to it going out of bounds and bad passes should happen sometimes, even when we think they shouldn't.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try Shady's set and yea Im using a custom roster that I've built from the ground up.

I usually only do tight on guys that are real shooters (Curry, Klay, Duncan Robinson,etc..). Im a play with the help tendency on the coaching profile and maybe do a global edit on the guards with a +10 passout tendency and a -10 finish tendency and see how that plays out.

I'll tryout the passing accuracy. Maybe get it down to 40 and ball control 35 and see how that plays out.

Thanks again.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:25 PM   #4
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

Typically the help defense slider moving to the right would increase other players rotating after a player gets beat off the dribble. Thereby opening up lanes to kick out to. Making rotations by players seem more realistic. Trying moving that slider up ten points and see if that helps. Then another ten, and so on.

Also cpu on ball defense slider moved to the left will help get by some defenders to initiate the rotation.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:58 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
I'll tryout the passing accuracy. Maybe get it down to 40 and ball control 35 and see how that plays out.
FWIW I play with Pass Accuracy at 15 to try to get the occasional bad pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »