Home

EA has to fix the running game

This is a discussion on EA has to fix the running game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

packers96's Arena

OVR: 0
EA has to fix the running game

The Madden 21 Running game is awful. Every year we see this problem and my fear is that EA in trying to fix it will ruin some positive aspects that I saw in the new game. it is unacceptable that an RB has a completely free path in front of him with the possibility of advancing more than 10 yards and he runs into a DE or OLB. The same happens with a WR who receives the pass and instead of trying to distance himself from his opponent, go inside the field, facilitating the work for the opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 02:00 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: EA has to fix the runnig game

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers96
The Madden 21 Running game is awful. Every year we see this problem and my fear is that EA in trying to fix it will ruin some positive aspects that I saw in the new game. it is unacceptable that an RB has a completely free path in front of him with the possibility of advancing more than 10 yards and he runs into a DE or OLB. The same happens with a WR who receives the pass and instead of trying to distance himself from his opponent, go inside the field, facilitating the work for the opponent.
Can you perhaps try to explain what you mean better here? I'm having a hard time following what you're talking about.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:23 PM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I have had ZERO issues with the running game, and I'm on All Madden. Maybe you need t practice some.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-31-2020, 02:24 PM   #4
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I think OP means the CPU running game

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 08-31-2020, 02:36 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I think OP means the CPU running game
I think so too.

And frankly, while there are occasional issues, the path finding isn't bad at all on either default AP (with ballhawk on) or default AM (with it on or off).

The other thing, there is a definite difference in how well poorly-rated ball carriers move vs the high-end players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

He can also be talking about USER RB for those of us that don't control everything.

When we asked 2 versions ago about the same things (the one in particular -our WR catching the ball etc.. when we play no switch and no user catching etc..)

That was the answer. "Switch to them and do it yourself"

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-31-2020, 02:56 PM   #7
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I think so too.

And frankly, while there are occasional issues, the path finding isn't bad at all on either default AP (with ballhawk on) or default AM (with it on or off).

The other thing, there is a definite difference in how well poorly-rated ball carriers move vs the high-end players.
I would agree for the first time ever in Madden...this is actually great this year on All-Pro

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 08-31-2020, 03:16 PM   #8
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0

I am only referring to the Cpu backs here...for me I don’t see the top backs or ones I create run as expected.

What I mean is not so much their path...that seems better than last year, I’m talking about a clear foot plant cut and making someone “miss“...not there no matter what Juke rating 99 ex.

In fact and I must test more ..I don’t see any difference in a 99 Juke back to a 50 Juke back

Also I don’t see any difference in strength or a trucking type runner - they don’t “break tackles” utilize their stiff arm ..no matter the rating 99 ex. Connerbacks take down 99 “strength “ back with ease ..

Now I don’t play with superstar abilities on...because I can’t stand the non removable Icons...maybe that is key..also I know from last year that the higher the fumble rating the more animated the runner will be..but then fumbles disappear...just like last year...so I might have to raise fumble rating I have it on 55

So in summary ...I was able to tweak with sliders and player attributes Madden 20 running so as to tone down and have them make better cuts ...but this year I can’t seem to do this ..They don’t make people miss and or won’t truck or break tackles really...

COD...the player attribute that essentially has supposedly replaced elusiveness...I’m wondering if that has nerfed or did something to the running game. I personally don’t see a change with it at 99 or zero rating..
In closing I guess this year I don’t see any difference out side of “speed” in any of the running styles you can create or enhance they all seem generic..need to test more...just my opinion

Last edited by tuckermaine; 08-31-2020 at 03:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »