Home

A Very Late FIFA 20 Sliders Set

This is a discussion on A Very Late FIFA 20 Sliders Set within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2020, 11:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
A Very Late FIFA 20 Sliders Set

I wasn't planning on getting either FIFA 20 or FIFA 21. Not happy with what Frostbyte has done to the gameplay. But FIFA 20 now has a 92% discount (at least in my country), so why not? Then, of course, time for the mandatory slider tinkering.

I wanted slower pace to make it play more like football. Line settings were adjusted comparing to real matches on TV.

Injuries weren't touched; without a huge game sample, it would be too much guesswork.

Half length is pretty short because attacking and shooting is op. Less op than on default sliders at least, but still op. I could try to fix it, but I liked the idea of short matches so I could play every game in my career without it turning into a huge time sink. Unfortunately, I didn't find a way to make headers much usable, though.

As far as balancing against the CPU, a.k.a. "challenge" goes, I'm pretty happy - which is a great deal to fun factor. I like these settings.

I play on default controller settings (timed finishing OFF). Legendary difficulty. Tele Broadcast camera.

Half Length: 5 minutes
Difficulty: Legendary
Game Speed: Slow

Sprint Speed: 44
Acceleration: 50
Shot Error: 57
Pass Error: 55
Shot Speed: 50
Pass Speed: 45
Injury Frequency: 50
Injury Severity: 50
Goalkeeper Ability: 50
Marking: 50
Run Frequency: 48
Line Heigth: 51
Line Length: 49
Line Width: 46
Fullback Positioning: 50
First Touch Control Error: 53

Same values for CPU and user.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 09-09-2020 at 03:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 02:34 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: A Very Late FIFA 20 Sliders Set

I tried some things after the first update to the original post, like slowing the pace further and messing with marking, but I kept coming back to the set as posted, because it played the most satisfying to me and it's where I felt the AI to be the most challenging (even when compared to default sliders - no idea why).

I'm aware that at 57 shot error, shot accuracy is actually pretty high yet. I actually changed half length to 5 minutes to keep my scores slightly below 3 goals per game, which is crazy considering my sliders are sensibly slower and with more error than default. It serves me well though, time is in short supply, so I'm okay with this shot error number. YMMV

I'm firing my career with these. It's good enough, imo

Last edited by GaloVingador; 09-09-2020 at 02:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »