Home

XP SLIDERS- MADDEN 21

This is a discussion on XP SLIDERS- MADDEN 21 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2020, 08:12 PM   #1
Rookie

CallMeMcCringleberry's Arena

OVR: 0
XP SLIDERS- MADDEN 21

XP SLIDERS TO GET YOUR FRANCHISE STARTED UP!

XP SLIDERS INTRODUCTION
These sliders are designed to give you realistic progression while limiting the number of 97+ overalls you get, to make the game a bit more realistic. These sliders will allow you the luxury of being able to develop your players, while adding a bit of strategy because not just every average joe will be able to progress to a 90 overall without you focus training them for at least a few years and having them go out and produce on the field!

PERSONAL INTRODUCTION
I am a second year law school student that has played football nearly all my life and I am an absolute lifelong football junkie. Ever since I was a kid I was constantly trying to adjust rosters and employ "house rules" to make the game feel more like the game we see on Sundays. I have absolutely no other purpose to be here than to help you finally realize your dream of playing a game that plays as true to life as possible.

VERSION 1- (9/2)
After recording the data for fourteen 10 year sims, this is what I have come up with. I will continue to refine! Just a little something so you can get your franchise started up! Any changes after this should be pretty minor.

THE SLIDERS
QB- 77
HB- 111
TE- 117
WR- 89
FB- 114
OT- 120
OG- 120
C- 122
DE- 102
DT- 105
MLB- 80
OLB- 81
CB- 115
FS- 120
SS- 120
K- 124
P- 124

MY SLIDER SET (ALL-MADDEN)
USER

QB ACC- 42
PASS BL- 48
WR CATCH- 50
RUN BL- 50
FUM-50
PDRT- 57
INT- 30
PASS COV- 50
TACK- 47

CPU
QB ACC- 28
PASS BL- 50
WR CATCH- 45
RUN BL- 48
FUM- 50
PDRT- 50
INT- 25
PASS COV- 50
TACK- 46

THE RESEARCH
Here is how the top 7 of each position average after 10 year sims. Creates a very nice disparity between the top 3-5 guys at a position and the rest. Really makes superstars feel and play like superstars!:

QB- (98-88)
HB- (95-88)
FB- (84-77)
WR- (97-91)
TE- (95-84)
OT- (95- 84)
OG- (95-83)
C- (91-83)
DE- (98-87)
DT- (95-87)
MLB- (94-85)
OLB- (94-83)
CB- (95-88)
FS- (92-85)
SS- (92-84)
K- (85-79)
P- (86-81)

MY CUSTOM ROSTERS
P.S. PM me if you would like to try out my custom rosters! Once again, they stress creating realistic tiers of players through the use of a higher disparity between players (think 2k). Or here's a link if you would like to see for yourself how I go about the creative process for them: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...dden-21-a.html

ENJOY!

Last edited by CallMeMcCringleberry; 09-13-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: XP SLIDERS- MADDEN 21

Some of these are a little low. Are these mostly for user controlled teams? And would you care to post some of your findings? I'm not doubting you but would like to see some feedback before i plug these in.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Old 09-02-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Some of these are a little low. Are these mostly for user controlled teams? And would you care to post some of your findings? I'm not doubting you but would like to see some feedback before i plug these in.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Yeah no doubt. I do not wanna type a whole page here so I will post you the average top 7's (the seven best for each position, on average, after a 10 year sim). And if you desire more info I can give more lol. And like I said, I find it more realistic to tone the overalls. I hate when a franchise it littered with 93+ overalls. These are designed to space the overalls out so there is a more realistic disparity. I.E. Madden ratings would suggest that tredavious white is close to stephon gilmore in performance because their ratings are usually only about 5 overall from eachother. Even though (if you look at their coverage grades over their careers) gilmore is BY FAR superior. Hope that clears some of it up. But anyway haha:

QB- (98-88)
HB- (95-88)
FB- (84-77)
WR- (97-91)
TE- (95-84)
OT- (95- 84)
OG- (95-83)
C- (91-83)
DE- (98-87)
DT- (95-87)
OLB- (94-84)
CB- (95-88)
FS- (92-85)
SS- (92-84)
K- (85-79)
P- (86-81)

The top 4 or 5 at each position having a nice gap from the rest of the players at their position actually makes superstars feel like superstars. It's very refreshing compared to the arcade approach that EA incorporates making so many players 93+ overalls .

Hope this helps!

Last edited by CallMeMcCringleberry; 09-02-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:44 PM   #4
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

How do these work for CPU vs CPU for say 5-10 Seasons?
Old 09-02-2020, 09:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
How do these work for CPU vs CPU for say 5-10 Seasons?
The numbers that I posted in the original post are the averages after 10 years of purely cpu v cpu. So if you play realistically, those are the types of numbers your franchise should have after 10 years! After 5, they will be a bit higher, because madden loves their overly high ratings, so alot of those players will not yet be filtered out. Idk how much you like to stress a real to life experience but perhaps you would like to check out my custom rosters? I know once i started toning the overalls so there is a larger disparity between the best players (Mahomes and Wilson, compared to the rest) you can really start to see the true tiers that the players fall into. If you're familiar with ThatFranchiseGuy (TFG), my rosters should be eerily similar!

P.S. Thank you for your contributions to OS! I've been a fan of yours for a while haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2020, 10:02 PM   #6
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMcCringleberry
The numbers that I posted in the original post are the averages after 10 years of purely cpu v cpu. So if you play realistically, those are the types of numbers your franchise should have after 10 years! After 5, they will be a bit higher, because madden loves their overly high ratings, so alot of those players will not yet be filtered out. Idk how much you like to stress a real to life experience but perhaps you would like to check out my custom rosters? I know once i started toning the overalls so there is a larger disparity between the best players (Mahomes and Wilson, compared to the rest) you can really start to see the true tiers that the players fall into. If you're familiar with ThatFranchiseGuy (TFG), my rosters should be eerily similar!

P.S. Thank you for your contributions to OS! I've been a fan of yours for a while haha
Much Appreciated!

I Watch all games CPU vs CPU as realistically as possible with my sliders and typically only get through 6-10 seasons before the next Madden, of course I could continue but I normally don't but should.

I have always used the Madden Default Rosters, I'll plug in your XP sliders, I probably won't feel the full effect, appreciate the effort!

Last edited by cdcool; 09-02-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Much Appreciated!

I Watch all games CPU vs CPU as realistically as possible with my sliders and typically only get through 6-10 seasons before the next Madden, of course I could continue but I normally don't but should.

I have always used the Madden Default Rosters, I'll plug in your XP sliders, I probably won't feel the full effect, appreciate the effort!
Good luck! Lord knows trying to make this arcade game feel realistic is a torturous task!
Old 09-02-2020, 10:07 PM   #8
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMcCringleberry
Good luck! Lord knows trying to make this arcade game feel realistic is a torturous task!
It is!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »