Home

THIS needs to be Addressed (Pics)

This is a discussion on THIS needs to be Addressed (Pics) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
THIS needs to be Addressed (Pics)

I know this has probably been brought up before.But this is becoming a issue in UFC 4 that in ruining the experience and fun for me,and i know as well as others.

20200903_131010.jpg

20200903_131339.jpg

As you can see from the first picture it very clear whats the problem is.I just had a fight with someone online that got 9 Knockdowns,and 5 stuns/wobbles.

This is inexcusable.Not only is this extremely unrealistic,but maybe further more it kills the gameplay.You are completely dominating a guy with stats like this ,but its still a competitive fight.Stamina doesn't go down when rocked or knocked down.It was about the same in this fight (which is crazy considering they threw 126 strikes and only landed 26) but they are always in the fight after getting crushed like this.I understand its MMA,anything can happen,but who has survived 5 wobbles in a fight,let alone 9 knockdowns!? Last fight i remember was Frankie Edgar Vs Gray Maynard II where Edgar got knocked-down 4 times in 1 round. Thats rare though,it hardly ever happens,so why it is that knockdowns in UFC 4 are so ridiculously common?

In the second picture i posted maybe this could be a solution to fix it?I dont see why this hasnt been brought up before,or maybe it has but i haven't seen any topic about it.If you go into custom fight and scroll down you can see a damage slider.Now ive been messing with this and im telling you it makes all the difference.Ive turned the slider up to about 3/4 of the way and fights feel MUCH more dangerous and realistic. Haven't really had anymore then 2-3 knockdowns so far. Obviously im still playing with it see what feels right,but this is what we need.Im not a game designer,im really not,but if the developers gives players a in game slider to adjust damage,shouldnt this be such a easy fix for damage with a patch?

Would really like thoughts on this,and answers.

Last edited by B_Walsh_77; 09-03-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
MVP

Re: THIS needs to be Addressed (Pics)

I wonder what Phily and counter strikers thoughts are on this. Last time this came up they defended it.

UFC4 has less knockdowns and rocks then ufc3 it seems but it is still excessive as shown by this example.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I wonder what Phily and counter strikers thoughts are on this. Last time this came up they defended it.

UFC4 has less knockdowns and rocks then ufc3 it seems but it is still excessive as shown by this example.
What did they defend?
Old 09-03-2020, 03:22 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Walsh_77
What did they defend?
They were defending the rocks. They want more damage.

I think it should be as easy to rock someone but it should be harder to survive rocks so every fight isnt Edgar v Maynard.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
They were defending the rocks. They want more damage.

I think it should be as easy to rock someone but it should be harder to survive rocks so every fight isnt Edgar v Maynard.
I couldnt agree more.What makes matters worse is that it doesnt really matter if you have 5 Knockdowns,because the stamina is still about the same,so even if the fights not competitive they shave a good shot.I understand,just like MMA,but this is absurd.How would it make you feel completely beating the brakes of somebody but get rocked once and KO.

It sucks man,its killing it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #6
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

I’m all for buffing damage but in order to do that you absolutely have to improve lateral footwork and tone down strike accuracy in some fashion when it comes to footwork and head movement. Otherwise most fights will end in the first minute.

I know that there is some variation in terms of damage as you go up higher in weight classes. Maybe making this differential between higher and lower weight classes more pronounced could be a compromise that would make everyone happy?

Last edited by Counter Punch; 09-04-2020 at 04:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »