Home

passing and playcalling

This is a discussion on passing and playcalling within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
passing and playcalling

hey guys im having a lot of troubles with passing. i don't know if i should user catch if i should change the receiver route, then that leads into choosing plays. how do you guys pick your plays? do you always go to the receiver that is meant for the play idk the last two years i had troubles with passing and couldn't run. now i can run but passing is still hard. defense is good though

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: passing and playcalling

Try snapping the right trigger once after immediately throwing the ball. You have to make good reads but this is touch passing which is not in the manual!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-04-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't know if you have or not, but if you have not, you should try running through the skills trainer. It helps explain some of the mechanics and introduces a couple basic concepts that are good to know for passing.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #4
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

i try that concept skill nothing i dont already knew. i been playing madden since it was john madden lol. the last two years is when i started having troubles with passing. it was always rushing that gave me issues and passing was my go to. now it seems passing i cant do but rushing i can. i threw 5 int in one game. idk i miss the ask madden,i know we have coach suggestion but it seems it always call the sames plays. and i dont really know what to look for if i chose my own plays.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #5
Rookie

thechef128's Arena

OVR: 0

Getting a playbook that you are familiar with definitely helps. I have gotten to learn Oakland/LV the past 2 years and it has definitely helped me to know what to call in what situations and what to call vs certain defenses. also know when to RAC/Posession/Aggressive catch is huge. If you try to rac in the wrong situations it will be a pic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2020, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

Ahhh see I usually go random and the playbook is whoever the nfl team I pick. So u pick your plays u don’t do coach suggestion ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechef128
Getting a playbook that you are familiar with definitely helps. I have gotten to learn Oakland/LV the past 2 years and it has definitely helped me to know what to call in what situations and what to call vs certain defenses. also know when to RAC/Posession/Aggressive catch is huge. If you try to rac in the wrong situations it will be a pic.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:01 AM   #7
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

A few things that help my passing game:
  1. I have success using bunch and stack formations and find my slot receiver and tight end open more often than my outside receiver.
  2. Making protection checks is important, especially if you don't have a great o-line.
  3. Don't be afraid to take the 5-yard pass in the flats when it's there.
  4. I have trouble getting myself to take more chances down the field when my outside receivers are in 1-on-1 coverage. My passing game opens up immensely when I do though.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #8
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I don’t always go to the intended target. I hit R2 prior to the snap, check the routes versus the coverage and then I select the best route/matchup to look for and I read each route 1, 2, 3 and if it’s not there, I go to my check down. I throw to whoever is open and I don’t discriminate or get caught up in trying to feed the ball to someone.

This works for me, maybe it does or doesn’t work for you, but I find that it helps limit turnovers and interceptions.

Also, I don’t drop back 10-15 yards as it seems many gamers on YouTube do. I stand in the pocket and if I get sacked, it’s a 2-4 yard loss and not 12-15 yards lost. All that being said, because I look 1, 2, 3 check down...I also get the ball out pretty quick. So it helps to limit sacks as well

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »