Home

Why does MyCareer mode feel like they didn't complete it?

This is a discussion on Why does MyCareer mode feel like they didn't complete it? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon13 Why does MyCareer mode feel like they didn't complete it?

Seriously the MyCareer mode has so many gigantic holes in it and I am confused.

I for one don't give a crap about the storylines in the prelude cause they are usually so corny. Especially when they add relationships to it. Like why am I watching cut scenes of me kissing some girl at a pizza place lmao. But it just goes all over the place. Why does she ghost me? Why does this broad then start yelling at me like I did something wrong and she wants to break up? Then you never revisit that again.

But aside from that.... once you're in the NBA it just STOPS. In the last 3 years you would always have your rookie season worth of cut scenes. There's been ZERO so far. There is no endorsement events. You just get random screen of an email or something that says great job at the event lol. You don't even go into the VC Management office to talk t your agent and get your checks. There's just a box that pops up and says here you go take your VC.

The mycareer is incredibly bare bones. Like I said I dont really care about the side story crap but it's the principle of it. They are really that lazy? Embarrassing effort in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why does MyCareer mode feel like they didn't complete it?

I was thinking the same thing. Played like 5 games and not one scene. Indeed this was a embarrassing effort by 2k and to charge 60$ for this? It should have been 30-40$ max. They could have recycled last year scenes. That would have been better then none at all.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

No pregame warmup
No interview half game
No intro match
No press conference
No cutscene

It will be fantastic if storyline can continue also in the nba, with different lines and ending

I hope they see this

@beluba
Old 09-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
Seriously the MyCareer mode has so many gigantic holes in it and I am confused.

I for one don't give a crap about the storylines in the prelude cause they are usually so corny. Especially when they add relationships to it. Like why am I watching cut scenes of me kissing some girl at a pizza place lmao. But it just goes all over the place. Why does she ghost me? Why does this broad then start yelling at me like I did something wrong and she wants to break up? Then you never revisit that again.

But aside from that.... once you're in the NBA it just STOPS. In the last 3 years you would always have your rookie season worth of cut scenes. There's been ZERO so far. There is no endorsement events. You just get random screen of an email or something that says great job at the event lol. You don't even go into the VC Management office to talk t your agent and get your checks. There's just a box that pops up and says here you go take your VC.

The mycareer is incredibly bare bones. Like I said I dont really care about the side story crap but it's the principle of it. They are really that lazy? Embarrassing effort in my opinion.
I don't know. That sounds like good news to me, lol. There are seriously no forced interviews anywhere in the game once you reach the NBA?
Old 09-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I don't know. That sounds like good news to me, lol. There are seriously no forced interviews anywhere in the game once you reach the NBA?
If someone don't like that, still had the option to skip what you don't like.
Now for us who like the story and everything around, what? Nothing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2020, 03:22 PM   #6
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah man they really breezed through Mycareer this year...its VERY bare bones..noticed it when I went to the Vc management place..a text bubble literally popped up that said "here's your vc" instead of a cutscene

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2020, 03:27 PM   #7
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm sure all of that will be in "next gen" 2k21 to make it seem more appetizing than current.. lol

Old 09-07-2020, 03:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
I'm sure all of that will be in "next gen" 2k21 to make it seem more appetizing than current.. lol

and again, this still not justify the full price that we paid
so so so disgusted, they lost me

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »