Home

The GOAT Leading The Bulls (NBA 2K20 MyLeague)

This is a discussion on The GOAT Leading The Bulls (NBA 2K20 MyLeague) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2020, 06:44 PM   #1
Rookie

siah462's Arena

OVR: 0
The GOAT Leading The Bulls (NBA 2K20 MyLeague)

GAME: NBA 2K20 (PS4)
ROSTER: Clutch0z's 1999-2000
MyLeague Sliders: Clutch0z's 1999-2000
Gameplay Sliders: Schnaidt's Sliders with a few edits
12 Minute Quarters
82 Games
5/7/7/7 Playoffs (Until 2003, if I get that far)

Preface: Sooooo, I've never done a dynasty before but I've always wanted to because I was inspired by all the amazing work that I've seen here, I had the idea of rebuilding the Bulls immediately after the Jordan era and with the very well detailed 99-00 roster by Clutch0z on PS4 it can be done. I look forward to seeing what I can do and I hope you also look forward to seeing how this all unfolds. I'm not sure how many games I'll be playing in the season, but I'd at least like to play against each team once. In addition to controlling the Bulls, I'll also be in control of the Pelicans to make sure they remain irrelevant to the league until the 2004 NBA Expansion, assuming I get that far. This includes having generic players fill out their roster and drafting generic players to their team to avoid any real players going there.

Last edited by siah462; 09-17-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #2
Rookie

siah462's Arena

Re: The GOAT Leading The Bulls (NBA 2K20 MyLeague)

KRAUSE IS NOT IN THE HOUSE

Chicago - Owner of the Chicago Bulls, Jerry Reinsdorf has announced during a press conference that Jerome "Jerry" Krause, General Manager of the Chicago Bulls has been relieved of his duties as of today. The last time the Bulls saw a change in the GM position is when the Bulls replaced Rod Thorn with Krause all the way back in 1985. When asked why the decision was made to fire Krause, Reinsdorf simply said that he wasn't very fond of how he decided to break up the dynasty that was the Chicago Bulls which had dominated the entire decade of the 90s, they had many arguments over it and from that point on their relationship hadn't been the same, to the point where Reinsdorf felt it was time that the two part ways. When asked who is going to be taking his place, Reinsdorf stated that he was in talks with someone that he was sure every basketball fan would be excited to see in the basketball world again. He would offer no further comments on who this mysterious new GM is so we will have to find out at a later date.

Last edited by siah462; 09-09-2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:22 PM   #3
Rookie

siah462's Arena

JORDAN REPLACES KRAUSE AS BULLS GM

Chicago - In today's press conference the new General Manager was revealed to be former Chicago Bulls star, the greatest to ever play the game, Michael Jordan. Jordan has no prior experience behind the scenes as he's only been out of the NBA for a single season, however Reinsdorf is confident after talking with Jordan throughout his retirement that he is ready to step behind the curtain and make the decisions necessary to bring the Bulls back to their winning ways once again. Jordan says he believes the Bulls have some great young pieces that they can build around in Ron Artest and Elton Brand as well as a good veteran that knows how to win in Toni Kukoc, Jordan also announced that his first act as General Manager was to fire Bulls head coach Tim Floyd as he wasn't confident in his coaching ability and instead would be replacing him with a first time NBA head coach that he is very fond of, Rodney Smalls. Smalls worked as an assistant coach at the University of North Carolina under Dean Smith and later Bill Guthridge since 1994 and has been a head coach for multiple smaller colleges throughout the 80s. Jordan got to know him while attending UNC practices and games over the years, he believes that he will be able to bring the best out of their players and is the right guy to help lead the Bulls to championships in the same way that Phil Jackson did for him. We've reached out to Krause for comments on his firing since it was announced but he has not gotten back to us on the matter.

Last edited by siah462; 09-09-2020 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Fun to see two MJ GM dynasties, I've a late 90s baby so I never got to watch the Bulls play but after watching the Last Dance, can't say I'm upset to see Krause go.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:09 PM   #5
Rookie

siah462's Arena

THE NBA'S NEXT GREAT DUO?
Chicago - Russell and Cousy, Erving and Malone, Magic and Kareem, Jordan and Pippen, Artest and Brand? The future of the Chicago Bulls franchise rests on the shoulders of the recently drafted Ron Artest out of St. John's University and Elton Brand out of Duke. The two men played alongside 4th overall draft pick Lamar Odom in 1996 for the Riverside Church Hawks during their AAU days, the team was dominant managing to grab a 69-1 record and winning every tournament they played in, with their only loss coming against the 3rd overall pick, UCLA's Baron Davis in a preliminary game which they would avenge in the finals by beating Davis' team by 20 points. The two would eventually see each other on the court as opponents earlier this year, in which the Duke Blue Devils would defeat the St John's Red Storm 92-88 in an overtime thriller in Madison Square Garden. Brand would finish with 16 points, 12 rebounds, and 7 blocks before fouling out in regulation and Artest would finish the game with 22 points and 5 steals before fouling out with 18.7 seconds to go in overtime, with Artest being the one who hit the clutch three point jumper to send the game to overtime.

Chicago Bulls Depth Chart - 1999
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGRandy BrownB.J. ArmstrongMatt Maloney
SGHersey HawkinsChris CarrFred HoibergCorey Benjamin
SFRon ArtestToni KukocKornel David
PFElton BrandDickey SimpkinsMichael Ruffin
CChris AnsteyWill Perdue

Looking at the Bulls current roster you'll see that there isn't much to it other than Brand, Artest, and Kukoc. The team is going to have to work on their depth and make some changes to their starting unit, especially 33 year old Hersey Hawkins, and Randy Brown who is one of the few veteran players to have stayed with Chicago after the 98-99 lockout, he would become a starter with the departure of Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman but put up rather unimpressive numbers, averaging 8.8 points per game, 3.8 assists per game, and 3.4 rebounds. If they plan on having a chance against Phil Jackson's Lakers featuring Kobe and Shaq, the defending champion Spurs featuring Tim Duncan and David Robinson out west or even in their own conference which stars a Knicks team that just recently made it to the NBA Finals as an 8th seed, the Miami Heat starring Alonzo Mourning and Tim Hardaway, Grant Hill's Pistons or the Indiana Pacers. They're going to have to make improvements all around and hope that Jordan's hand picked coach in Rodney Smalls is ready to handle coaching at the NBA level. If they can keep Artest and Brand together and they develop well under Smalls, the NBA may very well be looking at the next great duo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 11:23 PM   #6
Rookie

siah462's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Fun to see two MJ GM dynasties, I've a late 90s baby so I never got to watch the Bulls play but after watching the Last Dance, can't say I'm upset to see Krause go.
Yeah, I was born in 2000 and the little bit of Jordan that I did get to see on the Wizards as a small kid I don't remember at all. I had to catch all that in the YouTube highlights and 30 for 30s. Speaking of YouTube, I managed to find the entire Duke vs St. John's game mentioned above from January 24, 1999 for anyone that has the spare time or is old enough to wanna get some nostalgia out of it.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #7
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Looking forward to seeing how you take GM MJ and redeem him an executive.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #8
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Roster is ugly outside of Brand and Artest

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »