Home

34 vs 43 Base D in Sim

This is a discussion on 34 vs 43 Base D in Sim within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3
34 vs 43 Base D in Sim

Most of the time none of us will be running our base D, but I keep seeing multiple YouTube rebuild videos of creators saying that the 34 base "doesn't sim well" and running a 43 is better.

Also seeing some of them say certain playbooks sim better than others.

Anyone else notice this as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2020, 02:42 PM   #2
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 34 vs 43 Base D in Sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Most of the time none of us will be running our base D, but I keep seeing multiple YouTube rebuild videos of creators saying that the 34 base "doesn't sim well" and running a 43 is better.

Also seeing some of them say certain playbooks sim better than others.

Anyone else notice this as well?
Another legacy issue.

This one goes back a long ways.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Another legacy issue.

This one goes back a long ways.
Worth adding, one of the many things that would be fixed (or at least helped) by Madden changing positions from DE, DT, OLB, and MLB to IDL, EDGE, and LB like it's the 21st century.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

What do you mean exactly when you say something "doesn't sim well"?

I assume you're referring to simulated game statistics, which people have a lot of opinions on, but I want to make sure I didn't miss something.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #5
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
Worth adding, one of the many things that would be fixed (or at least helped) by Madden changing positions from DE, DT, OLB, and MLB to IDL, EDGE, and LB like it's the 21st century.
I mean, purely as a fan, it kind of has its advantages.

I LOVED having BJ Raji leading my team in sacks. If you don't love a fat guy flattening a QB, I'd say you're not an American. Especially unblocked off the LOS…………………… its better than a free meal at your favorite restaurant, or free beer.

Raji had 11 sacks in 6 NFL seasons. I think I racked up 15 when he was the Packers anchor in 2011.

Raji's belt >>> Rodgers belt!

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 09-10-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #6
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
What do you mean exactly when you say something "doesn't sim well"?

I assume you're referring to simulated game statistics, which people have a lot of opinions on, but I want to make sure I didn't miss something.
I'm specifically referring to some content creators that post Madden Franchise rebuilds on YouTube.

Bengal mentioned that he has noticed that the 34 doesn't "sim well" in that teams seem to underperform as a whole with defensive performance as opposed to the 43 base.

Also mentioned that some offensive playbooks seem to help sim results for teams and helps them to over-perform.

I haven't done a lot of testing on this, but last night I did run some sim franchises to see if I noticed anything with the 34 vs 43...didn't change any playbooks. I did notice that the Bucs are dreadful in every sim. I did notice more sacks from 43 defenses and better W/L records.

Again, I haven't done anything extensively, but I was just curious if anyone had experienced this as well or if they had any thoughts on it.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
I'm specifically referring to some content creators that post Madden Franchise rebuilds on YouTube.

Bengal mentioned that he has noticed that the 34 doesn't "sim well" in that teams seem to underperform as a whole with defensive performance as opposed to the 43 base.

Also mentioned that some offensive playbooks seem to help sim results for teams and helps them to over-perform.

I haven't done a lot of testing on this, but last night I did run some sim franchises to see if I noticed anything with the 34 vs 43...didn't change any playbooks. I did notice that the Bucs are dreadful in every sim. I did notice more sacks from 43 defenses and better W/L records.

Again, I haven't done anything extensively, but I was just curious if anyone had experienced this as well or if they had any thoughts on it.

Do you know which offensive playbooks they meant?
Texas Rangers
San Antonio Spurs
Corpus Christi Hooks
Old 09-10-2020, 03:48 PM   #8
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_ZomBevo
Do you know which offensive playbooks they meant?
Giants playbook was mentioned. He said someone emailed him that they tried a Browns sim with the Giants playbook and Baker continually went off.

Again, I haven't tested any of this, but I was curious if anyone else experienced this OR if it would impact AI performance in games that you play and not just sim results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »