Home

Madden 20 Start Today Mod/Franchise File 2020

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Start Today Mod/Franchise File 2020 within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
Pro

sinthros's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 20 Start Today Mod/Franchise File 2020

Hello everyone,
As we move into the 2020 season I figured it was time to make a new thread for the Madden 20 Start Today Mod, with a more fitting thread title.

For those who are new, the Start Today Mod was started by me back in January of 2020, and has had extraordinary support from the community. The most updated franchise file included begins at THE 2021 PRESEASON, or if you scroll down you can download the franchise file from Version 2.4 in order to start at Week 1 of 2020 if you want. I originally created the franchise file with the Superbowl roster from EA and went through 2019, replicating everything that happened in real life, and have replicated everything throughout the offseason. So without further ado, here's what the Start Today Mod/Franchise File entails, among other things:

- Correct team records/standings for the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 Season
- Correct coaches for 2021/a fleshed out coaching FA pool
- Completely accurate 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 player season statistics, as well as completely accurate player career stats
- Completely accurate awards for 2019/2020 and 2020/2021winners (Aaron Rodgers as MVP, Aaron Donald as DPOY, etc)
- All FA's signed to their correct teams, as well as accurate year-by-year cap hits
- All contract extensions and restructures have been handled
- All 5th year options have been added to players who had their option exercised
- All rookies in the 2020 draft and 2021 draft(including compensatory picked players) have been drafted to the correct teams at the correct draft spots
*Compensatory picked players have retroactively had their player cards adjusted to show where they were drafted in real life
- All UDFA's have been signed to their correct teams with the standard UDFA 3 year contract
- All updated team uniforms and logos in real life have been replicated in this mod
- Moved the Raiders to Las Vegas and updated stadiums for the Raiders and Chargers/Rams
- All player ratings match EA's official Madden 21 ratings
- Scouting points no longer decay after simming weeks (you don't have to 'use them or lose them')
- You can now scout as early as week 1 (instead of week 3)
- All players on the Covid Opt Out list have been played on IR, and their injury reason displays as 'Covid-19 Opt Out'
- Completely rebranded Washington as the Washington Football team, and we've included an optional Washington Warriors mod which turns the WFT into the Warriors at any point, courtesy of JarekNT and CRBiv14 (read the readme in the download for more info)
- The news/tweets section is updated by me with each release

And with that said, here's the most recent update:

MADDEN 20 START TODAY VERSION 5.0 - THE FINAL UPDATE
This file is a collaborative effort from the Madden Modding Community. Credit to Sinthros, JarekNT, Sabo,
Arrowhead, Wizbillyfa, CRB14, Choachers, bphit, HansonMa, Donjon, MahomesMagic, TyWizzler, Cseventko1, Stayplation, NFC3PO, Cursive, primetime02454,
joonpark9, Bep713, C4, Hey Stack, and anyone else who's helped for their contribution to the project, THANK YOU!

ST Fbmod:
- Added in the new Rams, 49ers, and Colts 2021 alternate uniforms
- Updated the 2021 Bengals Uniforms
- Added over 300 new portraits, including all available rookie portraits
- Added a brand new Aaron Rodgers Splashscreen (Credit to Hey Stack)
- Updated logos for SB LVI and LVII
- Minor updates to the Bank of America Stadium

Franchise File:
- Updated all player ratings in accordance with EA's Official Madden 22 Ratings
- All rosters are accurate as of 8/15/21
- Updated over 500 contracts, including all signed rookie contracts
- Updated ALL player numbers
- Updated ALL season ending injuries/players on IR
- Added all of Eli2Manningham's updated draft classes from 2022 through 2026

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WNW...ew?usp=sharing

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR SUPPORTING THIS MADDEN 20 PROJECT FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF

VERSION 4.9 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 4.8 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 4.7 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 4.6 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 4.5 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 4.4 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 4.3 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 4.2 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 4.1 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 4.0 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.9 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.8 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.7 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.6 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.5 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.4 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.3 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.2 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.1 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 3.0 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 2.9 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 2.8 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 2.7 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 2.6 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 2.5 CHANGELOG
Spoiler

VERSION 2.4 CHANGELOG/DOWNLOAD
Spoiler

I hope you all enjoy, as a lot of work has been put into this project. Our plan is to update this throughout the 2020 season. If you have any questions, READ THE README! Also feel free to check out the main Madden discords!

Madden Modding Community: https://discord.gg/uTh4hY8
Franchise Football Community: https://discord.gg/zPyQQpJ

Have fun everyone!

Last edited by sinthros; 08-18-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2020, 10:47 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Madden 20 Start Today Mod/Franchise File 2020

How do I watch CPU - CPU games in franchise mode?
Old 09-17-2020, 12:38 AM   #3
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by agame2323
How do I watch CPU - CPU games in franchise mode?
Go in game, go to Supersim, and there should be a slow option.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:32 AM   #4
Rookie

Ogimaa's Arena

OVR: 4

Hopefully Frosty gets up and going for 21, I'm patiently waiting for Sinthros 21. Honestly thanks for the madden 20 mod, you guys have made this game playable at least. Quick question maybe you can answer, is there a way to bring training camp in asa mod? Just wondering.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:34 PM   #5
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogimaa
Hopefully Frosty gets up and going for 21, I'm patiently waiting for Sinthros 21. Honestly thanks for the madden 20 mod, you guys have made this game playable at least. Quick question maybe you can answer, is there a way to bring training camp in asa mod? Just wondering.
I appreciate the kind words, with that said there's no way to implement training camp as a mod with how Madden is designed. With that said you'd definitely want to use TDawg's progression tool for more realistic progression, as well as Sabo's CFM Revival mod (included in the download) because his changes to morale makes performance matter in the short term in terms of ratings boosts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 08:35 PM   #6
Pro

sinthros's Arena

VERSION 2.5 OF THE START TODAY MOD (The first post has also been updated with this info)

This file is a collaborative effort from the Madden Modding Community. Credit to Sinthros, Sabo, JarekNT, Arrowhead, CRB14, Coachers, bphit, HansonMa, Donjon, MahomesMagic, TyWizzler, Cseventko1, Stayplation, NFC3PO, Cursive, primetime02454, joonpark9, and anyone else who has assisted for their contribution to the project.

FBMOD:
- Removed NFL 100 logo from helmets
- Added Uniform Patch for WFT Uniforms
- Added new field for Atlanta
- Added new field for Denver
- Updated Falcon's Uniforms to be more accurate

Franchise File:
- All team rosters are accurate as of 9/15/20
- Added all EXISTING practice squad players to each teams practice squads (some teams will have more players than others)
NOTE: If you sign a veteran player from a practice squad, they can NOT be put back on a practice squad
- Updated injury lists for all teams
- Updated all contract extensions and restructures
- All week 1 W/L results are accurate, and each game has the correct score
- Imported @Eli2Manningham's 2021 draft class into the franchise file - this is included in the download and is now the default draft class for Start Today
- Updated the entire news/tweets section
- Fixed the Rams background splash color, visible when viewing a Rams player card (it was blue and pink before, now it's blue and yellow)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TVX...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by sinthros; 09-17-2020 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:57 AM   #7
Rookie

jay87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
I appreciate the kind words, with that said there's no way to implement training camp as a mod with how Madden is designed. With that said you'd definitely want to use TDawg's progression tool for more realistic progression, as well as Sabo's CFM Revival mod (included in the download) because his changes to morale makes performance matter in the short term in terms of ratings boosts.

Very rough thoughts, I have to see if this is possible:
reduce Tdawg's tool to 10-40% XP
Developing suitable XP sliders
Use the tool as training camp in the off-season

Project: 100% NFL Simulation Football

TFG Roster, 2020 Franchise File, XP-Sliders, Itbeme's Revival Playbook Mod Extension & Simulation Gameplay Sliders

The 100% NFL Roster and Itbeme23's Simulation Sliders for Madden20 *BETA*

R.I.P Arthur Morgan
Old 09-20-2020, 11:34 PM   #8
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
Really thinking of downloading this, I'd love to continue M20 because it seems like M21 will suck and no modding available.

How would I modify the mod to undo these changes? Or at least modify the end zone text. Does this have to be done on all 31 fields?

And PLEASE I'm not asking for (nor will I debate) anyone's opinion of why they should or should not be there. I'm merely asking for technical instructions.
I have no response to this, but JarekNT, my main partner in this project, does:

"Hi! I'm the modder who worked on these specific changes. All of these changes were done by hand, one by one, including adding the true-to-life representations of all clubs and NFL fields. This would mean to remove them you would have to go into the mod file and replace the field texture files of all 32 NFL teams.

As far as Washington goes, unfortunately, I went out of my way to scrub every trace of the old R*dskins logo out of the game. It would take you quite a long time to put everything back. I couldn't even tell you where to begin.

Assuming you have limited/no experience modding Madden NFL 20, it would be close to impossible for you to remove all of these changes without step-by-step help, which nobody who worked on the project would be inclined to provide.

Hope this helps,
Nick"

The project file is included if you want to make whatever alterations you want, but we will not help with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »