Home

No joke, EA UFC 1 ground finishes looked the best in the series (video inside)

This is a discussion on No joke, EA UFC 1 ground finishes looked the best in the series (video inside) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2020, 08:52 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
No joke, EA UFC 1 ground finishes looked the best in the series (video inside)

Was looking at my old clips and saw this. I honestly was shocked at how good this looked.

What the hell happened?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2020, 11:25 PM   #2
MVP

Re: No joke, EA UFC 1 ground finishes looked the best in the series (video inside)

Lol nah bro that vid does it too much justice, ppl already forgetting how stiff and lame ufc 1 was.

Punches were literally pillow fists, to be fair none of the ea ufc games have really captured devastating gnp. Punches always look like theyre being pulled back. ufc 2/3 had it best with those half guard elbows but everything else looks like it was mocapped by someone who doesnt gnp. I think ur looking at the speed and comparing it to 4 thinking its better.

https://youtu.be/d9Vm976zBGA

Cant get embedded via
Mobile. Starts around 1:10 of the vid
Old 09-15-2020, 02:47 AM   #3
Pro

Re: No joke, EA UFC 1 ground finishes looked the best in the series (video inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Lol nah bro that vid does it too much justice, ppl already forgetting how stiff and lame ufc 1 was.
I haven't forgotten for a second how terrible many aspects of EA UFC 1 were. The game is inferior in most ways to all the games that came after it.

What I'm trying to point out here is how Ground and Pound finishes seem to have gotten worse. A finish from full mount has never looked as good in any of the other EA UFC games as the one in the video. From EA UFC 1...............6 years ago.

Speaking of things that looked better 6 years ago, I also feel like the fighter bodies looked better in EA UFC 1 than they do now.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:06 AM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

You could also crawl on the ground in EA UFC 1, when one of the fighters was down and the other was in stand-up mode.

You would also naturaly Posture up with the Left Stick in EA UFC 1, like in Undisputed 3.

Also the Fighter on the Stand Up Mode, could do Axe Kicks to the Body of a downed Opponent.

You could also Knee people to the body, when you had their back side Control. Unfortunately as a glitch, this knee was only kept in EA UFC 2, after you knocked someone out from Side Control, you could throw that knee to their limp body, they forgot to completely remove it, but they did remove it in EA UFC 3 completely, along with all the other feutures I mentioned and completely made Ground And Pound after KOing your opponent, unresponsive and unfun.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-15-2020 at 06:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »