Home

Im Loving the Game & Hopeful for the Future

This is a discussion on Im Loving the Game & Hopeful for the Future within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Im Loving the Game & Hopeful for the Future

Ill be honest. Im loving the game when I play it.

The Stand up flows well
The Clinch Flow is great
The improved (still need some work) player models helps with the immersion as well.

I know the issues with the game, but tbh. Im tired of talking about them. If ranked is a spam fest, go play the cpu. I offline game alot, and I can play for hours.

The Future for me is bright with this series, because I went back and played UFC 1.

In UFC 1 we had

- Non KO tko ref stoppages
- Parrying
- Brutal GNP
- Damn Near perfect Player Models
- Better blood and damage effects
- Better Ground Transition mechanics

Its weird of course to say the first game gives me hope, but the fact some of these things were in the game at 1 point, shows that they are able to do it.

In the next patches lets aim to get this done and this game will be great!!
- Use the Updated ragdoll and ref interactions from UFC 3
- Update Kamara Usman, Max Holloway, Barboza, TJ, Aldo, Cejudo player models.
- Add Full Clinch positions
- Fix camera angle so angle is more realistic to what we see in fight. I dont want any cage dissapearing angles.
- Add cage seated position (w/ half guard, one knee down, full mount,bent over with option to put 1 hand down.)
- Side shuffle for evasive fighting
- Boosted power for countering forward pressure fighters
- Non ko tko stoppages

I would want transition based submissions and the former ground grappling mechanics from UFC 1, but I hope that will be implemented in UFC 5.

If we can get these first things added this game. Then this game will easily be the best of the series, and may be even better than the GOAT UFC game (well maybe not, but it will be closer) lol

What yall think? Would this make the game in the ball park or on par as UD3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Re: Im Loving the Game & Hopeful for the Future

So far every release had more features removed than added, so unfortunately I can't share your optimism.

Quote:
Its weird of course to say the first game gives me hope, but the fact some of these things were in the game at 1 point, shows that they are able to do it.
And they made a deliberate choice to take them out. I think there is very little chance any of those things you named will be added back in.

Quote:
What yall think? Would this make the game in the ball park or on par as UD3?
Not even close. This game needs game modes that offer some kind of replayability.

Last edited by LarsP; 09-17-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
So far every release had more features removed than added, so unfortunately I can't share your optimism.

And they made a deliberate choice to take them out. I think there is very little chance any of those things you named will be added back in.

Not even close. This game needs game modes that offer some kind of replayability.
Would it simply need to be a revamped career mode, and adding Pride?

Tbh, it would be wise to partner with GLORY to include the actual top GLORY stars in it. Glory and Pride would be a pretty amazing addition.

Glory would be the Pure Striking part then maybe add a in depth grapple league. This would call for a overhaul to submissions, and a transition turn based game. Then the Pride mode would be clear. Maybe in career mode, you can go thru the Glory route, submissions league route, or have a ameatuer wresling career where you can got to the olympics before getting to the UFC.

Then the UFC gameplay be a combo of all three leagues with controls that flow together. I guess thats alot to ask for, but it would be great to see. If they did that. It would make it better than UD3 FOR SURE!!!!!
Old 09-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:

Although I agree with much of what you said I think I disagree with this point the most. EA seems to have a habit of removing features and then adding them in a later iteration of the game and claiming it’s “new”. To seek UFC 5, I can 100% see EA adding some of those things back in but claim it’s a “new” feature haha
Old 09-18-2020, 06:48 PM   #5
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Although I agree with much of what you said I think I disagree with this point the most. EA seems to have a habit of removing features and then adding them in a later iteration of the game and claiming it’s “new”. To seek UFC 5, I can 100% see EA adding some of those things back in but claim it’s a “new” feature haha
This is the case with other EA games, but I haven't seen this in the UFC series so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 10:47 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
This is the case with other EA games, but I haven't seen this in the UFC series so far.
Wel they are only 4 games in. Give it time haha. Maybe that’s me being negative given my overall disappointment with EA as a company. But I would think if history is to repeat they will do the same thing with ufc as they do with other sports titles given time
Old 09-19-2020, 02:57 AM   #7
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
I remember the standing strikes to the body causing a body deformation, was a feuture in EA UFC 2, possible in the first one as well.

When EA UFC 4 gameplay trailer dropped, in the first min of that video, they claim the body deformation to be a new feuture

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »