Home

This could mean nothing.

This is a discussion on This could mean nothing. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
This could mean nothing.

I sent Yuke's an email a while back and this was the response I got. Could mean nothing, but it's worded in such a way that maybe they are cooking something up.

Image isn't showing up for me. Here's the text.

Thanks very much for your interest in YUKE'S and our games, and for your kind praise of our UFC Undisputed series.

At this time we have made no official announcements regarding our next MMA release. Please keep an eye on our official site, and to other major web news services for news in the future.

Edit: got the image uploaded here: https://imgur.com/gallery/JKDIciq

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 20200917_123424.jpeg (79.5 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by smokeface; 09-17-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
MVP

Re: This could mean nothing.

Maybe it's a bellator game. They have a decent roster.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Imagine if Chatri wasn't bluffing.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:23 PM   #4
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Oh boy. Oh, this got me very excited. I know it’s nothing super concrete, but the way they word it does make it seem like they’ve got something in the works. I believe someone else sent them an email a while back too, before you, and the response was much more vague, like “We can’t talk about any of that right now, but thank you for the interest/kind words”.

I was actually thinking about trying to contact them via email or Twitter but I didn’t know their email, and while I think it might’ve been on their site, I was afraid there’d be language barrier issues since they’re headquartered in Japan, so I left it. But then again, they probably do have someone who can speak English there since they’re a fairly big company, or know a translator.

Thanks a ton for sending them an email, and for posting their response.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Oh boy. Oh, this got me very excited. I know it’s nothing super concrete, but the way they word it does make it seem like they’ve got something in the works. I believe someone else sent them an email a while back too, before you, and the response was much more vague, like “We can’t talk about any of that right now, but thank you for the interest/kind words”.

I was actually thinking about trying to contact them via email or Twitter but I didn’t know their email, and while I think it might’ve been on their site, I was afraid there’d be language barrier issues since they’re headquartered in Japan, so I left it. But then again, they probably do have someone who can speak English there since they’re a fairly big company, or know a translator.

Thanks a ton for sending them an email, and for posting their response.
Yeah I believe there is an English inquiry section and that's where I sent it. I can post my original inquiry if you're interested.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #6
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

They neither confirmed nor denied anything, which is better than saying they are never gonna make another MMA game.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #7
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
They neither confirmed nor denied anything, which is better than saying they are never gonna make another MMA game.
Sure, they didn't explicitly confirm or deny anything, but note how they worded it. It seems like they might have something in the works - even if it's just an idea thrown around in a meeting.

"At this time we have made no official announcements regarding our next MMA release” sounds more promising/likely than "We cannot comment on anything regarding a new MMA game, but thank you for reaching out".

Also, they also say to stay tuned for news in the future, which could be just about all of their products, but in this context, it does seem like they're talking about an MMA game.

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 09-18-2020 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
Yeah I believe there is an English inquiry section and that's where I sent it. I can post my original inquiry if you're interested.

Please do!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »