Home

WWE 2K Battlegrounds Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on WWE 2K Battlegrounds Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K Battlegrounds Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

WWE 2K Battlegrounds is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Google Stadia. For...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 04:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: WWE 2K Battlegrounds Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

I bought it for the switch just seem like a switch type of game to play here and there. Reminds alot of All Stars just a fun game not to take to seriously. Sucks that you start out with hardly any wrestlers to begin with considering the size of the roster. SO alot of unlocking to do unless you just want to buy the wrestlers but I prefer to unlock them.

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 09-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

small limited movesets, pretty much every wrestler in each class have the same moves except the finishers and signatures. Haven't played that long but like babythug says, very small amount of wrestlers to start with. You can't search for a random match if playing with a friend which is very stupid. So you'll either have to play against the CPU or have a CPU and you vs your friend and CPU.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:05 PM   #4
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm liking the tiering of things. it's barebones from the start but I can't wait to unlock more clothing attire etc. as a game design major caws are things in super geeked on. any questions feel free to ask..

hate auto correct..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 09-19-2020 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:59 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

So far, this is pretty much exactly what I had hoped for. Just a fun, over-the-top, arcade wrestling game. I'm having a blast.

I'm not a huge wrestling fan, so things like repetitive moves aren't going to bother me as much. And I have NBA Playgrounds 2, so I kind of knew what to expect in terms of most of the characters being locked at the start.

I've played a handful of exhibition matches and completed the Bolo Reynolds portion of the campaign and have a little more than 24K in brawler bucks now. I'm looking forward to earning more to unlock more characters. That said, I do kind of wish I had spent the extra $10 for the deluxe version so that I had The Rock and Stone Cold from the get go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2020, 09:26 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 2

Got it last night and this game is perfect for me. Mostly going to play it with my son and his friends.

I actually love the tiered system and how much there is to unlock as he gets really excited when we get new stuff.

The repetitive moves don’t bother me yet either because of how fast the matches are. Also it looks like the unlockable power ups will add a lot to making the characters more unique as time goes on.

Also agree with the other person, I also have the NBA game so I know what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

How are we enjoying the game a week later? I've got the game (Switch) sitting in my shopping cart. Not thrilled about the small roster to start, but sounds like the gameplay is pretty solid and fun.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
How are we enjoying the game a week later? I've got the game (Switch) sitting in my shopping cart. Not thrilled about the small roster to start, but sounds like the gameplay is pretty solid and fun.
Take this with a bit of a grain of salt since I'm as casual as you can get when it comes to wrestling. I'm enjoying the game, but in the same way I'm sure a casual football fan enjoys Madden.

I love the look of the game and I think the gameplay, for the most part, is pretty solid. Moves are pretty simple, but some can be a little tricky to pull off. A lot of the mini games (kicking out of a pin) involve mashing the trigger buttons. I have yet to win one of those. It's just not very intuitive for me. A lot of the move sets are the same across wrestlers. It could probably use a bit more variety there.

Most of the wrestlers are locked by default, but I'm having fun trying to unlock them. And it is fairly easy to earn brawler bucks (or you can buy golden bucks) to unlock them. Some are also unlocked playing the campaign.

The campaign is a story mode involving seven (I think it's seven) fictional wrestlers. There's also a Battlegrounds mode where you can take your CAW. Of course, a lot of the CAW accessories are locked by default as well.

I'm planning on having my own little universe using exhibition matches. I wish they'd patch in titles so I can have champions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »