Home

UFC 4: Help in Practice Mode Fixing AI Blocking Transitions During Strike Recording.

This is a discussion on UFC 4: Help in Practice Mode Fixing AI Blocking Transitions During Strike Recording. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2020, 03:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC 4: Help in Practice Mode Fixing AI Blocking Transitions During Strike Recording.

So I have been trying to do SR in practice mode but when I turn on recording and take control of the other fighter to record the moves, the AI during the recording (my fighter) blocks all the transitions so I can't train a lot of things.

For example: I wanted to train defending strikes from back side. I started in back side and when I went to record the sequence I couldn't posture up so I could throw the strikes. My fighter (the AI during strike recording when you are controlling the other fighter) kept blocking it. I could fake, do whatever, any attempt to posture would be blocked.

So how during strike recording do I get the AI to stop blocking transitions during recording mode? If I can't get the AI in the right position to throw the strikes I need or whatever. How can I train blocking mounted strikes on bottom if I can't get the AI in postured up position because the transition gets blocked?

I have seen youtube videos of people using strike recording to train stuff like this (defending as bottom fighter strikes from full mount postured up, etc) so it must be a setting I'm missing to check maybe?

Thanks for any help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2020, 07:09 PM   #2
EA Sports UFC Developer

Re: UFC 4: Help in Practice Mode Fixing AI Blocking Transitions During Strike Recordi

The strike recording AI only works in standup, not during grapple.

I know this is something people would love to have the ability to do, and I would love to let them, but the technologies behind standup vs grapple are incredibly different, and the technology of the recording system doesn't play nice with grapple at all. I've tried a few times to no avail to find a solution, though there may still be one down the road.

For now, I'm afraid you'll have to practice grappling against regular AI or players. There are some grappling-based AI settings in practice mode which might help, but I know they're not ideal.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:38 PM   #3
MVP

Re: UFC 4: Help in Practice Mode Fixing AI Blocking Transitions During Strike Recordi

If anything, can you add an overall reset option in the menu? Currently you have to switch fighters or sides to get it to reset.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
If anything, can you add an overall reset option in the menu? Currently you have to switch fighters or sides to get it to reset.
Quick tip if you go into settings and toggle health to off or on, whatever selection it wasn't on, it will reset. thats the fastest way I have found.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
The strike recording AI only works in standup, not during grapple.

I know this is something people would love to have the ability to do, and I would love to let them, but the technologies behind standup vs grapple are incredibly different, and the technology of the recording system doesn't play nice with grapple at all. I've tried a few times to no avail to find a solution, though there may still be one down the road.

For now, I'm afraid you'll have to practice grappling against regular AI or players. There are some grappling-based AI settings in practice mode which might help, but I know they're not ideal.

Ah okay thanks for the info. And since you're a dev maybe you can help with fixing this terrible ranked system? I was division 7 once, lost a few fights and instantly shot down to d1 now I barley get like 20 points a win. Most players I fight in d1 or d2 rage quit so it says DNF and I don't get those points even a day later. I also as a division 1 just beat a division 15... 15 divisions higher than me and I got like 30 points... I didn't even make it out of division 1 after that fight.

How are we supposed to progress when you get such tiny point additions even beating fighters 15x your division? When game first came out it wasn't this slow something changed. Now as a d1 it's impossible to climb back up and even if you manage to, all it takes is losing like 3 fights and you're dropped like 5 divisions.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »