Home

Wow NHL 20. Are people mad about what I am about to explain?

This is a discussion on Wow NHL 20. Are people mad about what I am about to explain? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wow NHL 20. Are people mad about what I am about to explain?

Ok I have been working a lot this year and haven't gotten around to playing this years game NHL 20 soon to be 21 in Oct. Anyway the game really did step it up gameplay wise but of course still needs work. Ok my biggest complaint since the inception of Ea NHL games is the GD comeback code and yes there is a comeback code. I was up 3 goals in the 3rd with 3 mins left . You all know what happens. The AI become super human andaling perfect passes and slinging the puck around fast and scoooorrrreee. The team scored 4 goals in 3 mins to win. BULLLLSSSHHHOT. Yes I know how to play and yes I am a better then average player so it's not my playing. It's the souped up AI at a certain period in the game mostly when behind in the 3rd. This really irks me and that's why I hate Ea NHL games. It's been going on for years . I am sure people agree with me. Anyway. I haven't been on OS in such a long time but I wanted to post this. Yes there sure is a comeback code written in NHL since I can't even remember . Anyway that's my two cents. Everything else played pretty well not perfect but man come on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Wow NHL 20. Are people mad about what I am about to explain?

Nope, not mad.

I still dont believe comeback code exists. Never happens to me.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah I don't know but dude. I was up 3 goals then all of a sudden the AI becomes super human when they sucked the whole game. Cycling pucks that were at light speed and rifling slap shots . You are saying you haven't seen anything like that I'm NHL 20 or previous years? I am not saying necessarily a COMEBACK CODE. But something is going on . And you say you haven't seen anything like that? Hmmm have others complained on here about it?
Old 09-20-2020, 03:11 PM   #4
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt8471
Yeah I don't know but dude. I was up 3 goals then all of a sudden the AI becomes super human when they sucked the whole game. Cycling pucks that were at light speed and rifling slap shots . You are saying you haven't seen anything like that I'm NHL 20 or previous years? I am not saying necessarily a COMEBACK CODE. But something is going on . And you say you haven't seen anything like that? Hmmm have others complained on here about it?
CPU adjusts their strategy to be more aggressive. That’s hockey. You’ll actually find that you get odd man rushes in this situation if you adjust your own strategy to counter the AI.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
CPU adjusts their strategy to be more aggressive. That’s hockey. You’ll actually find that you get odd man rushes in this situation if you adjust your own strategy to counter the AI.
I do adjust to the CPU playing. I use Cyclonic sliders since his seems to be the most realistic every year . I also play on Pro. I have the game speed set to 1. 2 or above is way to fast. Also, a lot of times the game just plays outright sloppy . Idk I think I am done with EA. I am tired of adjusting sliders all the time and having so many sliders to adjust it's just crazy lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2020, 06:37 AM   #6
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt8471
I do adjust to the CPU playing. I use Cyclonic sliders since his seems to be the most realistic every year . I also play on Pro. I have the game speed set to 1. 2 or above is way to fast. Also, a lot of times the game just plays outright sloppy . Idk I think I am done with EA. I am tired of adjusting sliders all the time and having so many sliders to adjust it's just crazy lol
Adjusting your strategy has very little to do with adjusting sliders.

The CPU will adjust their actual in-game strategy to something along the lines of "very aggressive"(Can't remember the actual name since I haven't played in a bit). So, with that, they'll start taking aggressive chances in the offensive zone (D will pinch, forwards will double up when trying to get the puck).

You need to figure out a way to defend that, whether it's chipping the puck out when you get it, and figure out a way to break down their cycle/passing. Playing more physical in your own zone to knock the opposition off the puck sometimes works, and sometimes you just have to make sure you get the puck out of your own zone.

Also, playing on pro is a bit tougher, because while the oppositions skill level is a bit lower than all-star, so is your goalie. Might not hurt to bump yourself up a level, and increase your goaltenders sliders a little bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »