Home

Clinch Deny

This is a discussion on Clinch Deny within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2020, 04:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Clinch Deny

Is there any plans to add a legit clinch deny system?

The sway method is still risking since they can just hook you. I think either a button combo, or something like say if you land a lead or rear uppercut during a clinch attempt it would always make the clinch fail so it punishes spammers for always trying to go for it. They should get punished for going for 3 clinch attempts in less then 5 seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2020, 09:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Clinch Deny

I have major problems with that clinch entry. It negates my straights and uppercuts even when I time them perfectly. I also get pulled into a clinch from about 10 feet away. My biggest thing is that it pulls me into the clinch while I'm midair throwing a flying knee. I repeat: I get snatched from out of MIDAIR into the clinch without hitting my target. It's frustrating as hell man.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkThoughts95
I have major problems with that clinch entry. It negates my straights and uppercuts even when I time them perfectly. I also get pulled into a clinch from about 10 feet away. My biggest thing is that it pulls me into the clinch while I'm midair throwing a flying knee. I repeat: I get snatched from out of MIDAIR into the clinch without hitting my target. It's frustrating as hell man.
Yeah but we have the push tho that nobody is ever going to be able to use in real time against a live opponent and not a bot doing it exactly every 3 seconds in practice mode and nothing else.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear59
Is there any plans to add a legit clinch deny system?

The sway method is still risking since they can just hook you. I think either a button combo, or something like say if you land a lead or rear uppercut during a clinch attempt it would always make the clinch fail so it punishes spammers for always trying to go for it. They should get punished for going for 3 clinch attempts in less then 5 seconds.
I doubt they will give us the clinch deny system from UFC 3. What works to deny the clinch against clinch spammers is to just keep side stepping to either the left or the right and most of the time they won't be able to get the clinch. Make sure after side stepping that you throw a rear straight to the head and a lunging lead uppercut to the body to make those pock sucking spammers pay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »