Home

Real 2K Project | Slider Reviews and Recommendations

This is a discussion on Real 2K Project | Slider Reviews and Recommendations within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Real 2K Project | Slider Reviews and Recommendations

Last year, I created a community set but couldn't reach all the goals I set for it. This year, instead of diving in to create my own, I'll be trying out the best sim sets available and doing comparisons from there.

The goal for the previous slider set was to give the community a set we could all contribute to. I realize now that's what all the sets here do. Instead, to add value on top of a great foundation, I want to add an accessible way of finding the right set for you without needing to go thru every post.

I tend to categorize sliders here by the Physics, CPU intelligence and USER/CPU ability on Offense/Defense. I don't play with house rules but I focus on sim outcomes.

I'll try to include stats, but I'll mostly stick to streaming and final overviews. Welcoming any other reviews as well.

Using PS5
NBA 2K21 Default [HOF] Review https://forums.operationsports.com/f...0&postcount=15
Schnadit 2K21 [Pro] Review https://forums.operationsports.com/f...5&postcount=17

Last edited by duce; 12-01-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2020, 03:14 PM   #2
a goat

duce's Arena

Re: Real 2K Project | Slider Reviews and Recommendations

Schnaidt 2K21 Sliders First Play
HOF | MyLeague | Default Rosters | 12 Minutes

Physics & Gameplay Mechanics: Footplanting feels strong. Speed differences seem to show. I feel like shooting fouls are under called currently, but that happens. Steals don't feel overpowered.

CPU Ability & IQ: CPU is playing a strong drive and kick game. Isn't getting beat too easily on pick and rolls. Need to learn team play again. I like seeing CPU hit contested shots. Will need to setup Defensive Assignments

Second half with a fast PG, defense is having more trouble containing PnR and fast breaks, but that should be expected. Next game with less foul trouble, let's see if they can make adjustments.

User Ability and Teammates: Defensively, I was hard to stay in front of the ball handler with inferior defenders. Unfortunately CPU teammates would sag off with Tight Defense/Stay Attached settings on a hot shooter. Will keep an eye out for next game

Last edited by duce; 12-01-2020 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #3
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

I love this idea. Would love to see an overall grade tagged on the bottom of the summary.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:07 PM   #4
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
I love this idea. Would love to see an overall grade tagged on the bottom of the summary.
Toying with this idea. I only want to avoid overall grade, because I understand the amount of work that goes into slider making, and I don't wanna disrespect. However, it is an easy way to compare and could just be personal preference. Would be helpful to hear what others want out of simulation sliders to make the grade mean something.

I need to get a couple games in on HOF to set a C-grade benchmark.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:12 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Tough to do objectively especially as play styles, skill, and experience vary a lot. Not to mention that there is a bit of a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" problem.

But I like the idea of your view of the gameplay and strengths/opportunities as a form of feedback. Feedback loops like this help us make the sliders better or simply note where we agree to disagree on certain points based on gameplay preferences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #6
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't even have any sliders posted yet... I'm still testing.... What exactly are you reviewing?

P.s. my sliders are based off pro, i see you put hof... Just wanted to clear that up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Schnaidt 2K21 Sliders First Play
HOF | MyLeague | Default Rosters | 12 Minutes

Physics & Gameplay Mechanics: Footplanting feels strong. Speed differences seem to show. I feel like shooting fouls are under called currently, but that happens. Steals don't feel overpowered.

CPU Ability & IQ: CPU is playing a strong drive and kick game. Isn't getting beat too easily on pick and rolls. Need to learn team play again. I like seeing CPU hit contested shots. Will need to setup Defensive Assignments

Second half with a fast PG, defense is having more trouble containing PnR and fast breaks, but that should be expected. Next game with less foul trouble, let's see if they can make adjustments.

User Ability and Teammates: Defensively, I was hard to stay in front of the ball handler with inferior defenders. Unfortunately CPU teammates would sag off with Tight Defense/Stay Attached settings on a hot shooter. Will keep an eye out for next game
https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 09-25-2020 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:24 AM   #7
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I don't even have any sliders posted yet... I'm still testing.... What exactly are you reviewing?

P.s. my sliders are based off pro, i see you put hof... Just wanted to clear that up.

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1
Was testing those uploaded on PSN. It looks like it was called "testing sliders", 7 updates. Wasn't sure if it was Pro or HOF, but I had loaded it from HOF. Will correct.

I would like to wait for final sliders, but from what I've seen, sliders only really finish when 2K stops patching, i.e. when the next 2K comes out. SO i'm just testing what people have put out.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #8
Pro

This is a slippery slope, and you need to understand why.

Not only do people have different playstyles, but they also have different skill levels. And, they often have different feelings on pace, what negatively impacts the experience, and more.

For example, my sliders (I have been doing them for 3 releases on here, and more over the NLSC), have great feedback overall, because they specifically target player movement (the feel, flow, pace) in order to give the user a more balanced, less frustrating fun experience. My sliders are NOT a complete slider set, the main goal is improved player movement and trying to remedy some of the canned two man animations, being sucked into players constantly, speed/acceleration breaks, giving the user the ability to actually catch and go, accelerated off a first step or bounce, be able to go up on the paint with more freedom, etc.

They also target shooting, and offensive/defensive rebound balance etc.

You could use my set, and it not be for you (just like any other set) and give it a poor review, which would turn off people who may have tried the set had they not seen the review, people who COULD have benefited from it. You also mentioned posting numbers, that is not fair to the slider maker, either. As the numbers depend highly on the USER controlling the action. The skill level of the user, the pace of the user, and other factors.

And I am saying this not just for my sliders, but for ANYBODY who creates sliders on here. For example, a lot of people Live Shady Mike's sliders, but they are not for me. How fair would it be for me to give a slider review giving his sliders a poor grade, which would turn OFF people who could benefit from them?

Again, I see what you are trying to do. But you need to factor in all I mentioned above. For myself, if you go back and look at my 2K20 and 2K19 slider feedback, I have pages upon pages of great results where people had an improved experience. I don't want my set, or someone else's sets not being used or looked at based on a review and overall grade in this thread. That is not fair to the slider maker in the least.

Creating sliders is a selfless act, with the goal of giving people options and hopefully improving the overall experience they have with the game. By giving reviews/grades on these OPTIONS, you are making it a competition and treating it like a selfish act. Whether that is your intent or not, that is how it comes off.

Not sure this has a place here.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-26-2020 at 10:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »