Home

My Lying Eyes....

This is a discussion on My Lying Eyes.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
My Lying Eyes....

Please understand I’m not criticizing anyone on how they play this game and I also understand that the way I use Madden as Cpu vs Cpu is not understood by much of the Madden community. I’m a older guy and we here enjoy creating teams players and so forth..and animations and player movement for us are key for immersion.

My issue or conundrum is this:

My eyes don’t lie as to what I see on the field with Madden 21. When the game dropped it was as usual too arcady and to fast so I began with player edits and sliders to accommodate the “style” of play I wanted to see. I was able to fix most of my issues but..the running game. Backs were turning as if in a swivel with No footplanting no jukes or cuts they could not make anyone miss...No matter if I maxed out Juke or truck...they just ran into tacklers and they both tumbled to ground. Tackling I also thought was odd...

Then Patches came ...(don’t know how many lost count) but it was Patch 1.10 that fixed if you will what I personally saw as the visual animation aspect of the game . The runningbacks were using their abilities and the animations played out fantastic..backs were foot planting cutting ...bigger backs were trucking ..ect.

I saw phenomenal game play such as I haven’t seen before in Madden, saw things with animations that blew me away...Tackling was organic...Ballcarriers were bouncing outside cutting up inside, big backs were running over Conner backs... I saw a shovel pass by Baker Mayfield..
I was ecstatic...

Then...came Patch 1.11

All gone...GONE..now I see the same generic running the same tumbling in my arms tackling ..no jukes no trucks no nothing...bland lifeless ..

So if this is just me seeing this then “My eyes are Lying to Me”

Anyone with some insight I’m all Ears ��
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2020, 05:25 PM   #2
Pro

Re: My Lying Eyes....

The difference in perspective makes it tough.

My semi-honest eyes (I'll be honest...the little bastards lie to me more than I'd like) weren't seeing the same thing. But to your point, I'm not playing CPU v. CPU...I'm sure the extent to which I successfully pulled off special moves (and thus seeing reasonable animations attached to those moves) colors my perceptions of what the CPU does to me.

Ultimately not the point of your post, so I'll get out of the way, but I guess...I can empathize with the frustration of translating your frustrations; our perceptions would be a tough gap to bridge.

Last edited by tg88forHOF; 09-25-2020 at 07:42 PM. Reason: So many typos...
Old 09-25-2020, 05:29 PM   #3
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

i did notice RBs try to avoid tackles more and run it different directions sometimes cut back i mean this was a few weeks ago tho,

and not just run straight till they were tackled, but ummmm my first cpu cpu game since the last patch was 51-42 i was like whhhhhhat ? i started the game then passed out for a few woke up and it was over and i saw the score and was like no way Arizona beat niners 51-42, im like the niners D just gave up 51 no way,

Murray had over 130 rushing yards and 4 tds as a qb, i didnt really look alot at the highlight section and see the plays, ill have to pay attention next game, we (49ers) play the jets....... by rights the niners should kill the Jets,
Old 09-25-2020, 06:05 PM   #4
Rookie

This is the best Madden game ever. My stats at the end of a fully watched game are as close to real life as I've ever had.

At first I made due with the passing stats being a little high, as completions. But patches have fixed even that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-25-2020, 06:09 PM   #5
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

A little unrelated, but kinda not ... what happened to the stickied impressions thread?

i like reading it to see if it's worth the buy or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #6
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timiville
This is the best Madden game ever. My stats at the end of a fully watched game are as close to real life as I've ever had.

At first I made due with the passing stats being a little high, as completions. But patches have fixed even that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
So..if you would.. tell me what sliders your using on the Cpu side ..or what player trait edits you’ve done.
I guess your ok with animations ...and didn’t see a change with 1.10 to current 1.11?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »