Home

LordFrieza's M21 CPU vs. CPU Sliders (Pro)

This is a discussion on LordFrieza's M21 CPU vs. CPU Sliders (Pro) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

LordFrieza's Arena

OVR: 1
LordFrieza's M21 CPU vs. CPU Sliders (Pro)

Hey everyone,
Just thought I would throw my name in the ring for CPU vs. CPU sliders again this year. It was frustrating for a while having to wait out the bug that would crash at the end of every game on the PS4. I tested many different sliders and finally think I have come up with some settings that I'm happy with. These produce varied games, some blowouts and some tight games down to the wire. As with last season, I like to do a fantasy draft franchise and control all teams, that's just my preference. I'm running with Pro difficulty and Competitive game style this season as I feel this makes it look the most realistic, in my opinion. The passing games looks the most natural, with many shots down the field to the receivers and fewer checkdowns. There are a few things that are wrong with the AI logic, I believe these may have been introduced with recent patches as I didn't see them closer to release.

Those are:
1. The QB's will tend to side step backwards over and over again until they are sacked. This obviously, increases the number of sacks in total.

2. The QB logic on screen plays is atrocious. More often than not, the O-Line wont even block, setting loose defenders on the QB. The QB doesn't react in time, taking the sack in most instances. Again, this increases the number of sacks in total.

If anyone has any ideas on how to reduce the number of sacks in each game, I am all ears. For now, I guess we have to live with it until (maybe) it gets patched.

I record all games on twitch here: https://www.twitch.tv/lordfrieza21
And post all replays to a YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz8...51waT1iEEoDpA/

Feel free to try these sliders out and let me know what you guys think.

League Settings
Skill Level: Pro
Game Style: Competitive
Superstar Abilities: On
Injury: On
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Accelerated Clock: Off

Gameplay Sliders
Player/CPU Skill
QB Accuracy: 50
Pass Blocking: 100
WR Catching: 50
Run Blocking: 100
Fumbles: 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 50
Interceptions: 5
Pass Coverage: 50
Tackling: 50

Special Teams
FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

Game Options
Injuries: 50
Fatigue: 50
Min Player Speed Threshold: 100

Penalties
Offside: 50
False Start: 50
Holding: 50
Face Mask: 50
Defensive PI: 75
Offensive PI: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
Illegal Block In The Back: 50
Intentional Grounding: On
Roughing Passer: 50
Roughing Kicker: On
Running Into The Kicker: On
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2020, 11:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: LordFrieza's M21 CPU vs. CPU Sliders (Pro)

Excited to try these out. I love my sliders with superstar on <3! First set i've seen with 100 speed threshold.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
Rookie

I agree with the competitive, I'm getting better games, the game looks better. I'm a coach mode, play the moments guy on pro default, no slider input at all. Much better game, guys actually running to the end zone instead of running to tacklers. Thank You for this competitive idea.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Very interesting that you’re using competitive vice simulation. I, too am a coach mode player, but I’ve always used simulation. This was also an interesting choice in the NHL series a couple of years ago as well. I’ve watched a couple of your videos on YouTube and it seems to play well for cpu vs cpu. What did you base your decision on when choosing competitive over simulation?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Do you think the game would play any different using your sliders in coach mode when you’re actually calling the plays?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2020, 03:41 PM   #6
Rookie

LordFrieza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
Very interesting that you’re using competitive vice simulation. I, too am a coach mode player, but I’ve always used simulation. This was also an interesting choice in the NHL series a couple of years ago as well. I’ve watched a couple of your videos on YouTube and it seems to play well for cpu vs cpu. What did you base your decision on when choosing competitive over simulation?

In Simulation, I was seeing way too many checkdowns and throws to the TE's and it just wasn't exciting to watch. The WR's were pretty much non-existant. In Competitive, I'm seeing more throws down the field and to WR's in general. Still do see a few checkdowns here and there, but that is more in line with what we see in real life.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:42 PM   #7
Rookie

LordFrieza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
Do you think the game would play any different using your sliders in coach mode when you’re actually calling the plays?

I haven't tried it personally, but I would imagine it would play the same in coach mode as well. Try it out, and let me know if you're seeing something different.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:02 PM   #8
Rookie

I watched half of a game last night and really liked what I saw. The QB bug hasn’t seemed to hit me as hard since I deleted my profile. One QB started not missing a throw the other was like 10/17.. awesome. The run game looked good and the score was kept close.

Game ended 30 to 24. The only thing I didn’t like was both QBs had over 300 yards passing but we’ll see if that changes after a few more sims. Only 3 sacks total in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »