Home

I hope you Devs paid REEAAL close attention to Adesanya/Costa last night

This is a discussion on I hope you Devs paid REEAAL close attention to Adesanya/Costa last night within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope you Devs paid REEAAL close attention to Adesanya/Costa last night

And I hope you observed how a chaotic pressure fighter wasn't able to make it passed the second round against a highly defensive and technical fighter that picked his shots and was effective with SINGLE strikes. I would advise you to watch the fight if you haven't so that you can realize what us hard-core players have been asking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I hope you Devs paid REEAAL close attention to Adesanya/Costa last night

You guys are not realistic no sport even more so mma can be much more than 75% accurate to real life,the NBA games have been going for decades and as good as they are you will never capture what moves are seen in a real match. The worst part for mma games is online where players no matter who they choose will just play the way they want to using a lot of striking for wrestlers for example. The closest we can get is offline against the cpu which is as close as we are going to get,for me online is not realistic gameplay for the most part,even top players don't use particular fighters to the style of the real life counterparts.

Last edited by rob3563; 09-27-2020 at 06:13 PM. Reason: wording
Old 09-27-2020, 07:05 PM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamofwheat
And I hope you observed how a chaotic pressure fighter wasn't able to make it passed the second round against a highly defensive and technical fighter that picked his shots and was effective with SINGLE strikes. I would advise you to watch the fight if you haven't so that you can realize what us hard-core players have been asking for.
It's not even what only the Hardcores want. It's a fun mechanic to add danger, even for the casuals, who want every fight to end in a KO and don't understand the ruleset of how to win by points or submission in an MMA fight.

Current state of the MMA Sport compared to the sport of Football(soccer), would be the equivalent of: goalkeepers shooting for a goal from their goalposts back and forth.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:04 PM   #4
Rookie

They're not mma fans, its all smoke and mirrors. I doubt most of them watch all these events unless its a McGregor or Jones fight for example.

It shows when a dev tells you these games have had the most realistic striking ever. Im still waiting on a reason to pick up the game but its not coming anytime soon it seems.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:25 PM   #5
Rookie

SlimmerFredette's Arena

This is where UFC 2 excelled. Using Magny, jabbing and moving around the octagon against Lawler users making them miss was my favorite.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »