Home

Coach Contract Issues

This is a discussion on Coach Contract Issues within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coach Contract Issues

Using the Editor, I have run into a bit of a snag. I attempted to overwrite the coaches after coaching carousel in dynasty to make them current. After doing so, I'm seeing alot of duplicates in the job security tab. I sim to the following season and then there are entire teams and players missing. Anybody have a clue as to what's going on there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2020, 06:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Coach Contract Issues

Yea you screwed up the coaching changes. It took me a while to figure out the process but there are about 3 tabs worth of changes that need to made for contracts to be 100% correct.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85
Yea you screwed up the coaching changes. It took me a while to figure out the process but there are about 3 tabs worth of changes that need to made for contracts to be 100% correct.
Bummer, care to offer any insight on which tabs need to be changed and when?
Old 11-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Coach Unknown Tab:
CFRE - needs changed to 1-6 pending on where the coach came from; 0 means resigned or nothing changed, 1 means the guy got fired, 2 means an assistant coach took a new job, 3 means an assistant took a head job, 4 means a guy retired, 5 means an assistant took an assistant job elsewhere, 6 means an HC extended his contract. *Also the coach's team needs changed to his new one. I think I got those numbers correct, I have them written down in a notebook somewhere.

Coach Name ID:
Needs changed to correlate to any new contract whether signed with a new team or an extension with his current team.

Under the Unknowns tab: CONT (contract tab)
This is where you see the new contract number under Coach Name ID. If you want to hire a different coach simply select the coach in Coach ID. The CCIE tab a "1" means the contract is not signed or doesn't exist. 0 means it is signed and sealed.

Not doing exactly what is needed in all these will lead to a cluster f... down the road! Complete chaos. The best time to do this is at the end of the Coach Carousel or During the Players Leaving Segment.

Last edited by GAMEBREAKER85; 11-11-2020 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:54 AM   #5
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85
Coach Unknown Tab:
CFRE - needs changed to 1-6 pending on where the coach came from; 0 means re-signed or nothing changed, 1 means the guy got fired, 2 means an assistant coach took a new job, 3 means an assistant took a head job, 4 means a guy retired, 5 means an assistant took an assistant job elsewhere, 6 means an HC extended his contract. *Also the coach's team needs changed to his new one. I think I got those numbers correct, I have them written down in a notebook somewhere.

Fixed it for you. Not having the hyphen means something completely different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2020, 12:35 PM   #6
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
Fixed it for you. Not having the hyphen means something completely different.
Haha, the amount of times I see this is astounding. They are literal opposites.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Yea, good catch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »