Home

What Madden gave you the most control?

This is a discussion on What Madden gave you the most control? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
What Madden gave you the most control?

I tired of animation football...which Madden gave you the most control? When I press the jump button...I like my dude to jump.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: What Madden gave you the most control?

Madden 2004!
Old 09-29-2020, 04:57 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I mean, strictly objectively speaking, there are more button commands in Madden 21 to perform meaningful on-field acts common to the game of football than any other football video game previous.

So let's go with Madden 21.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has to be a Madden from the PS2 generation. The players always did what you told them when you told them. If you pressed triangle to try and pick off a pass the defender was ALWAYS gonna jump and try to pick it off, even if it was five seconds too early. You would just jump and put yourself out of the play. If the corner had his head turned you could still try to pick the ball off because you as the user saw it. And the corner would attempt to make that play immediately. Same with LBs. They would always jump at passes and try to get them if you pressed triangle. If the ball was too high they would miss it but they wouldn't not jump because *reasons*.

Madden has gone away from you being a user and more you being a decision maker. There are rewards for being good on the sticks, like the perfect timing user pick, but there is a floor because Madden will not let you fail. In those days if you were afraid to get your guy out of position, you just didn't click on to him. But now there's barely any penalty for being too early or late. The CPU will do it for you.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I mean, strictly objectively speaking, there are more button commands in Madden 21 to perform meaningful on-field acts common to the game of football than any other football video game previous.

So let's go with Madden 21.
That's not what he's asking. He's asking what madden gave you the most control over the player. Your answer tells him there are more ways for animations to be triggered than ever before. I'm not necessarily saying that is a bad thing, but ever since frostbite the game is all animations based.

To answer his question, I'd probably say madden 08 although I'd have to go back and play some of the old ones to actually answer it fairly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2020, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1

Honestly, I feel like it's probably Madden 25 in terms of recent Madden's. I personally feel like the ignite 2.0 engine from NCAA 14 and Madden 25 is the best it ever felt controlling a player on the field.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:46 PM   #7
MVP

Tecmo bowl was pretty dope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »