Home

RBU 2020 version 2 now available (custom player calculator incldued)

This is a discussion on RBU 2020 version 2 now available (custom player calculator incldued) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2020, 11:11 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
RBU 2020 version 2 now available (custom player calculator incldued)

Hello all,

***NOTE: If the link will not work, then copy and paste it into your browser's address bar.***

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9ai86...U20v2.exe/file

Uploading latest version. Contents:

1) RBU utility
2) Custom Player Calculator (updated)
3) Career ratings spreadsheet
4) Season ratings spreadsheet

You MUST have Microsoft Excel desktop version with macros and ActiveX controls enabled. Sorry, but online versions will not run the VBA scripts. However, the included spreadsheets include all the necessary information to do single season rosters. (You need the utility to get weighted averages, though).

Some notable changes:

1) In light of observation, I've dropped the scale for contact and H/9 to provide for more room at the top, allowing the best hitters to get closer to their actual figures. This means about a five-point drop in contact and H/9 ratings (for recent years - more the farther back you go). League-wide averages should be the same, though. If this bothers you, then you can add five points to both contact ratings and 6 to H/9 ratings.

2) Along those lines, I included a discipline boost for high average players who walked very little. I call this the Tony Gwynn fix...because of the way the sim engine generates hit rates and batting averages, low discipline players' batting averages are consistently lower than what they should be. You can increase the discipline rating and thereby raise their average, but they will walk more than they should. Since I figure most people find increased walks for these players less objectionable, I included this little adjustment. It affects very few players - only those who hit above .330 and need the adjustment.

3) Discovered that home run totals were low and adjusted HR/9 ratings to compensate. Don't be surprised to see a significant HR/9 drop for modern years.

4) Added salary information. It will now show up on the player spreadsheet and the entry page. (If it's available. The farther back you go, the more likely there will be no info.)

5) Retrosheet has made splits information (as well as defensive zone ratings and other statistics) available for years now reaching back to the turn of the century, and that data is now at baseball-reference.com...so I rebuilt my entire statistical database, and the latest ratings take advantage of the new information, though this only really affects players prior to 1930.

6) Removed the American Association teams prior to 1887. The data was simply too incomplete to include, and the AA was almost a minor league anyway.

I made some extra effort to study the sim engine over the last few months and made adjustments to the scaling as a result. Remember, however, that your mileage will vary depending upon the types of rosters you're creating and what you do with the empty team slots. Beyond that, there can be quite a lot of variability in the sim engine with the same roster if you sim multiple seasons.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions. Always happy to answer.

Also, mediafire has been "misfiring" lately. If you are unable to get to the file using the link, please try again by cutting and pasting it into multiple browsers. If that still doesn't work, post here.

Cheers,

JT

Last edited by JTommy67; 02-08-2021 at 02:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
Pro

Re: RBU 2020 version 2 now available (custom player calculator incldued)

Caught a mistake on the main settings page. The cell for "use early or late" rosters contains a faulty reference. If you scroll to the right, you can see where the lists are and can correct the data validation yourself, if you know how. If not, I can walk you through it.

Or you can re-download since I copied the corrected file into the executable archive.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
MVP

I think you might need to update the link ?
Old 09-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
I think you might need to update the link ?

Try copying and pasting the link into your browser address bar.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
Try copying and pasting the link into your browser address bar.
That did it ! THANKS ........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #6
Pro

Apparently the link was broken again. I've just fixed this.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:37 PM   #7
Banned

Great work, JT.
Do you feel you have perfected your Utility @ this point ?
Quote:
Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-07-2021, 11:47 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Can you fix the entire link, please.
You just added the player calculator.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »