Home

This Game Must Be Making NO money.

This is a discussion on This Game Must Be Making NO money. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon3 This Game Must Be Making NO money.

I was just thinking that UFC 4 must be making practically no money from in game purchases. In UFC 2 and 3 you had ultimate team where you wanted to buy packs to see if you could get certain moves and perks, fighters, etc. It was almost addictive they must have raked in a ton of cash.

But they took all that out this year in place of what? Corny *** cosmetic items for CAF's? Seriously how many caf's have you run into all decked out with **** from the store? I've run into a tiny handful thats it.

Most people are like me. We have a ton of coins from the challenges but none of that other crap because we don't care about buying corny *** costumes for our CAF's. 90% of players don't even use CAF's!

Whosever idea it was to take out ultimate team or at least not add the addition of being able to do more than stupid cosmetic crap with the CAF's (like be able to buy them moves, perks, etc, aka real incentives to buy micro transactions) should be fired.

They didn't need to have a full ultimate team mode they could have capped each fighter style at a certain amount of points and how you use them is up to you. But then you could buy packs for moves, for perks, packs to get more points faster, etc, etc. Like ultimate team without the "team".

But no they chose to make it purely cosmetic and the only people buying that corny dumb crap are a handful of weirdos who want to fight in a snake head or a knights helmet or look like goku from dragon ball z. What a joke.

So yeah...they must be making almost nothing on this game. (plus no new players are buying the actual game itself). Epic fail on their part. Had a chance to have a cool mode and make money in the process through useful micro transactions. But like every other aspect of this game... they blew it.

I pray EA sells their rights to this game and we get a real company who cares to make a legit MMA sim next time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: This Game Must Be Making NO money.

Hang on. Am I understanding this right?
You want MORE microtransactions? You are genuinely annoyed that you can't p*ss your money up a wall?
Old 10-03-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
Pro

LarsP's Arena

I'm so confused by this post
Old 10-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
I'm so confused by this post
It's just wishful thinking, hoping that since the game is terrible that means EA are failing at their job. Apparently he hasn't really gotten the memo that the game is selling like hot cakes, aided by the likes of OP — someone who bought the game blindly, or led by what he hopes the game is, as opposed to what it actually is.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:29 PM   #5
Rookie

I think you are misinterpreting my post... it's not what what "I" want or didn't want. It was a simple observation. I don't care for microtransactions but at the very least if you are going to have them, have them be something substantive like ultimate team mode was... not simply just ridiculous cosmetics in a UFC game..

My post was really an observation looking at it from a business stand point. I own a business and as a business your job is to make money... so like I said, they passed up a huge chance to make money by getting rid of actual valuable microtransactions for something literally almost nobody uses.

Therefore all the cash they made in UFC 2 and UFC 3 from the UT micro's, where you could actually use your money to enhance a game mode you like, (and a lot of people did) is lost. And that must have been A LOT of cash. Did I personally spend my money on it? Very rarely. That's not the point though.. a lot of other people did who are not doing it now. Hence, they lost a to of potential money. Stupid business decision.

And nobody is buying new copies of UFC 4 in droves...it is not selling like "hot cakes" just look at the numbers. More people bought UFC 3 since UFC 4 came out... give me a break. The money they made from this game was made from the initial sale to the hardcore fans of UFC 3 who expected something more. Again, the observation (clearly only interesting to me) being they are not making anywhere close to the money they made in the past game because of how they took out a mode where people actually did spend money for something where practically nobody spends money on. I don't even know what the other currency to buy crap in this game is called hah.

Thats it... simply observational point. Relax. Didn't mean to rile up the staunch anti micotransaction base haha.

Last edited by GrindFactor; 10-03-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindFactor
My post was really an observation looking at it from a business stand point. I own a business and as a business your job is to make money... so like I said, they passed up a huge chance to make money by getting rid of actual valuable microtransactions for something literally almost nobody uses.
If UT was raking them so much money then why do you think they wanted to move on from it Mr. Business Owner?
Old 10-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #7
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
If UT was raking them so much money then why do you think they wanted to move on from it Mr. Business Owner?
I know for sure that there was a portion of people during UFC 2 who spent quite a bit of money on the game, there was a few guys who had 100 OVR fighters with either 12,000 fights or 12 fights.

I know you could shift moves over to other CAFs but there was a max of 252 stars, you couldn't have 5 star striking, clinch and grappling/submissions at the same time. Also, you needed to apply attribute cards to make up for your striking if you were a grappler - especially to max it out to 100 OVR.

UFC 3's Ultimate Team just wasn't that good, and really confusing at first, menu wise - and kind of uninspiring, honestly. A part of the fun was seeing all the wild and wacky CAFs people came up with.

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 10-03-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:00 AM   #8
Rookie

You sure worry about some weird stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »