Home

Jose Aldo vs Cody Garbrandt - who won?

This is a discussion on Jose Aldo vs Cody Garbrandt - who won? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Jose Aldo vs Cody Garbrandt Winner
Jose Aldo 1 25.00%
Cody Garbrandt 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2020, 07:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jose Aldo vs Cody Garbrandt - who won?

Check my last post to see the description, I didn't realise we could only add one poll per thread

Who do you guys think won the co-main event on this fight card?

Aldo or Garbrandt?

If I get a 60% majority for the loser I will overturn the game's decision and put the loser through to the semi final

https://youtu.be/r5yimRngTy0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2020, 03:19 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Jose Aldo vs Cody Garbrandt - who won?

Round 1 — Garbrandt. Similar volume, Garbrandt clearly landing the more meaningful strikes. 9-10.

Round 2 — Garbrandt easy. 18-20. Not a 10-8 round since Aldo got a health event.

Round 3. Aldo easy. Serious grounds for a 10-8. Pressure on the feet to the cage, from there a takedown and control until the rest of the round. On the ground — 2 health events on the ground from ground and pound and a near submission. Sounds dominant enough to me. Nothing from Garbrandt in the whole round. Aldo 10-8.

Result: 28-28 DRAW.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 10-06-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Round 1 — Garbrandt. Similar volume, Garbrandt clearly landing the more meaningful strikes. 9-10.

Round 2 — Garbrandt easy. 18-20. Not a 10-8 round since Aldo got a health event.

Round 3. Aldo easy. Serious grounds for a 10-8. Pressure on the feet to the cage, from there a takedown and control until the rest of the round. On the ground — 2 health events on the ground from ground and pound and a near submission. Sounds dominant enough to me. Nothing from Garbrandt in the whole round. Aldo 10-8.

Result: 28-28 DRAW.
Very interesting take, you think a rematch is the right option?
Old 10-06-2020, 01:37 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaelMir
Very interesting take, you think a rematch is the right option?
Oh, that's your call. I think you're running a Universe, right?

Keep in mind, results aren't overturned in the UFC if someone gets "screwed over", unless a PED usage has been discovered. Aldo was given the W in the game, so if you want to keep it realistic, he should get a W on the record, and Cody should have a loss. Having said that, you could book a rematch if you think one is warranted, either because the fight was close or because you think Cody got screwed. Or you could be cool with the judges' decision — either because you agreed, because you want to be impartial or because you love Aldo (lol). Rematch is up to you. In real life it would also be up to the fighters agreeing to do it but I don't know how realistic you wanna get.

So yeah, I don't know exactly what you're doing, I just thought "why not, I'll try to score this dude's fight". Others may disagree with my judging, Round 1 was close, but that's how I saw it.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Oh, that's your call. I think you're running a Universe, right?

Keep in mind, results aren't overturned in the UFC if someone gets "screwed over", unless a PED usage has been discovered. Aldo was given the W in the game, so if you want to keep it realistic, he should get a W on the record, and Cody should have a loss. Having said that, you could book a rematch if you think one is warranted, either because the fight was close or because you think Cody got screwed. Or you could be cool with the judges' decision — either because you agreed, because you want to be impartial or because you love Aldo (lol). Rematch is up to you. In real life it would also be up to the fighters agreeing to do it but I don't know how realistic you wanna get.

So yeah, I don't know exactly what you're doing, I just thought "why not, I'll try to score this dude's fight". Others may disagree with my judging, Round 1 was close, but that's how I saw it.
You're right, I am running a universe. But seeing as EA don't wanna make a universe mode I wanna make it interactive to let viewers have some say in what happens 😊

But yeah I am planning to have rankings and belts and stuff

I didn't think this fight was a robbery but I thought it was possible some might. However the real robbery was the Cruz vs Moraes fight on my other thread, dunno if you've seen that one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 02:09 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaelMir
You're right, I am running a universe. But seeing as EA don't wanna make a universe mode I wanna make it interactive to let viewers have some say in what happens 😊

But yeah I am planning to have rankings and belts and stuff

I didn't think this fight was a robbery but I thought it was possible some might. However the real robbery was the Cruz vs Moraes fight on my other thread, dunno if you've seen that one
No, I only saw the one. And yeah, like I said, your call, it's your Universe.
Old 10-10-2020, 04:17 AM   #7
Rookie

Poll runs out in 5 days for anyone who still wants to vote

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »