Home

NASCAR Heat 5 Free Update Adds Indy Road Course and More

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat 5 Free Update Adds Indy Road Course and More within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2020, 08:52 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR Heat 5 Free Update Adds Indy Road Course and More

A new update has arrived today for NASCAR Heat 5 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NASCAR Heat 5 Free Update Adds Indy Road Course and More

This is a pleasant surprise I had pretty much given up hope on this track coming to the game even though I had heard from multiple sources that it would eventually come as free DLC.

I raced the track last night and it's pretty fun. The AI seems to have some trouble on starts/restarts in the corners leading up to the back straight. ON 4 out of 6 starts/restarts in my race, the caution would come out when I was about midway through the back straight.

I was running anywhere from 5th-10th at those times and did not see what caused the caution behind me. But given the circumstances I'm confident it was multi car wrecks in the corners leading to the straight. Whenever I got beyind that point without a caution, I was good for a good stretch of green flag racing and the racing seemed good to me. I might run relaxed cautions next time.

I hope they eventually let us run cup and trucks on this track as well like all the other non-dirt tracks. Also, you can't add teh track to a custom schedule right now, even if you are starting an Xfinity season. So the only way to run the track in a championship is to select the revised 2020 schedule which is missing quite a few tracks such as Mid-Ohio and Watkins Glen and has a few double headers sprinkled in to match this year's COVID schedule. The Daytona road course race is also missing and replaced by a normal Daytona race.

It would be nice to have the Daytona road course in the game but I doubt it comes as it was a direct result of COVID whereas the Indy road course was already planned for the Xfinity series before the season started.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »