Home

Subs need a drastic buff

This is a discussion on Subs need a drastic buff within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Subs need a drastic buff

were back to that stage in ufc 3 where subs didn't work at all. It was an integral part of my game. I think it was neffed too soon and not enough time was given for players to actually learn how subs worked. You can have no stamina on the groubd and not be punished
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Subs need a drastic buff

We are in a very weird time where the top players are at a spot where subs and even ground and pound are near worthless against each other, but 95% of the rest of the player base is constantly losing or winning via subs and GnP. Quite a pickle.
I say buff em, and force players to learn and adapt correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Subs need a buff. I understand that the very new players may not understand how they work but the best way for them to learn is to go against it.

Subs at the higher levels are kinda useless, especially joint subs. Adjust it so that low stamina makes getting out of subs a lot harder
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #4
MVP

Even at quick match most people use small bars I notice.

Low stamina needs to be way harder to get out of.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Yeah I agree I was just thinking this the other day. If somebody is even halfway competent and defending subs, they become almost impossible to get even if you have a large stamina advantage. I am literally never worried about getting submitted because I know what I am doing and it's so easy to escape either submission.

But the flip side is it becomes so damn hard to get a sub unless you're against a total noob or guy who is stand up only and never bothered to learn. But if you know what you are doing, forget about it, it's like impossible to get tapped out.

It's so bad that I go for ground and pound now instead even when I have my opponent with super low stamina because I know slapping on a sub would be a waste of time because they are so easy to escape.

Players now feel a lot more comfortable to go to the ground without a high high level ground fighter themselves vs an actual high level ground guy because they aren't the least bit worried about being submitted.

It def needs a fix. If you are tony ferguson or brian ortega and you have a gassed connor mcgregor on the ground...it should be easy to tap him out. I liked the UFC 3 system way way better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #6
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

I still don't get the submission theory. I mean, I get that I have to touch/cover my opponents bar in order to fill my meter. Truth is...i'm just clicking triggers and circling with my stick blindly. I do it pretty much the same exact way in every offensive and defensive sub attempt and sometimes my meter fills up, other times it doesn't. I don't see any drastic difference in the the speed and amount of which I cover the AI bar but it feels like theres no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it fills up my way, sometimes it doesn't. I'm guessing stamina and damage play into it? I can't really tell. I'll have someone down to 0 stamina after a couple transitions blocks, i'll slap a sub on it's like 50/50....maybe my meter will fill, maybe i wont. I'm still just trying to get used to everything I guess.

Last edited by Irish0331; 10-07-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #7
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Choke subs are officially broken in UFC 4 right now. It’s way to easy to escape choke subs with no stamina. I don’t even need to look at the screen to even escape. They were actually better before this last patch.

Joint subs on the other hand are ok. They are still hard to pull off but at least your able to sub people with them.

Please buff choke subs ea.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
I still don't get the submission theory. I mean, I get that I have to touch/cover my opponents bar in order to fill my meter. Truth is...i'm just clicking triggers and circling with my stick blindly. I do it pretty much the same exact way in every offensive and defensive sub attempt and sometimes my meter fills up, other times it doesn't. I don't see any drastic difference in the the speed and amount of which I cover the AI bar but it feels like theres no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it fills up my way, sometimes it doesn't. I'm guessing stamina and damage play into it? I can't really tell. I'll have someone down to 0 stamina after a couple transitions blocks, i'll slap a sub on it's like 50/50....maybe my meter will fill, maybe i wont. I'm still just trying to get used to everything I guess.
Choke subs it's slow, quarter turn movements of the stick, keeping away from your opponents bar. If you start turning to much or too fast on the right stick, thats when your bar becomes huge and it becomes easy to tab you out.

The joint subs are same idea. The size of your bar is determined on the amount of pressure you are putting on the triggers. You need to touch them very gently or your bar will be huge and you'll be easiest tap ever. Then you slowly rock back and forth away from your opponent bar. It's keep away. You might fake left, go right, or fake twice and go that way, etc. It's a game of keep away but they both rely on slow movements and very light pressure.

They def didn't go a good job of explaining the submission mini games. It's why you'll see div 5's who have no clue what they are doing. They end up doing the exact opposite of what you're supposed to, making their bars huge, and being easy wins via sub. I had to learn from watching high level streamers. The game barely mentions it.

Last edited by GrindFactor; 10-07-2020 at 08:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »