Home

Axis Football 2020 is now live on Steam (PC, Mac, Linux)

This is a discussion on Axis Football 2020 is now live on Steam (PC, Mac, Linux) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2020, 09:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Axis Football 2020 is now live on Steam (PC, Mac, Linux)

Hi folks,

We just wanted to share that Axis Football 2020 is now live on Steam. We've made some pretty drastic gameplay improvements, and we extended an already deep franchise mode.

We would love for you guys to take a look at the game and let us know what you think.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Football_2020/

(Xbox release set for Oct 21st, PS4 release around late November)

Thank you,

Danny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Axis Football 2020 is now live on Steam (PC, Mac, Linux)

Can't wait to download this when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisGames
Hi folks,

We just wanted to share that Axis Football 2020 is now live on Steam. We've made some pretty drastic gameplay improvements, and we extended an already deep franchise mode.

We would love for you guys to take a look at the game and let us know what you think.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Football_2020/

(Xbox release set for Oct 21st, PS4 release around late November)

Thank you,

Danny

Question for you guys. Does your game have different camera angles like Sideline Cam etc ? I'm definitely going to support your game regardless. I'm just curious.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

They just responded to my same question on STEAM. Their statement below.

Yes, there is both a normal (behind the players) camera view along with a sideline / broadcast camera view. You can toggle between them when you're in coach / spectate mode. There are also custom camera controls in the settings that let you change the height and zoom of the camera.

Thanks for giving us a look!
Old 10-07-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Toro50
They just responded to my same question on STEAM. Their statement below.

Yes, there is both a normal (behind the players) camera view along with a sideline / broadcast camera view. You can toggle between them when you're in coach / spectate mode. There are also custom camera controls in the settings that let you change the height and zoom of the camera.

Thanks for giving us a look!
Awesome!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Best football game out!!!

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 10-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Having some issues, anyone experiencing this?

Issue:
LT does not bring up the play art for me
RT does not give a speed burst

edit: Solution found, Steam's big picture controller scheme was on by default. Forcing off, completely changed how the controls felt.

Bug:
Punted the ball really short, receiving team didn't go for it and when I picked it up I had possession again.
Attached Images
File Type: png controller.png (831.3 KB, 284 views)

Last edited by Phobia; 10-07-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

So it's been a while, a good long while since I've been able to give my initial impressions of a different football title. I want to say a quick congrats to Axis Games, you have done a tremendous job.

Thoughts & ramblings...

The off-the-field management sim aspect is top notch and will keep the game engaging for hundreds of hours. This alone when compared alongside management sims like OOTP and FM2020, it's refreshing to finally have that in a PC football title. Coincide that alongside true "gameplay" and it's worth the $30 price tag.

Now this ties into one of my major complaints. When you choose, key word here, choose to attempt a feeling of in control gameplay, it blinks as a bright red flashing Suspicious! sign when you feel merely a spectator. It's not that I find an issue with what visually appears on the field, it's the perception of "Madden-ish" style of gameplay. Make no mistake, you can impact the play, but much of what plays out is rating number crunching in the background. This could be argued Madden does the same exact thing but it feels much heavier here.

A few obvious standouts. Running up the middle is very limited, juke or spin, choose your weapon. The vast majority of the time it feels like your only option is to the hold stick up and hope the RNG plays into your favor to break a tackle. What about calling the perfect counter defensive coverage, the DB is directly in front the receiver on a curl but the receiver manages to catch the ball. It makes you feel like the action on the field is not being dictated by on-field interactions.

This is completely acceptable in OOTP when you see a shortstop miss a ball right at him and you get a glorious text box explaining in detail what happened.

"Nick Ahmed sprints to his right, sliding to cradle a fast moving grounder! The ball takes an unexpected hop leaving Ahmed whiffing at air for an easy single to first."

You feel engaged in the game.....but different. This is where Axis Football stumbles. You're left loving the off-the-field but wishing on-the-field was a bit more refined.

Overall, people who love broadcast cam, coach mode franchise will be extremely happy. For those of us who like to play the game plus managed the off-the-field, it will be a mixed bag of feelings.

My simple rating: The foundation is laid for something special.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »