Home

Free Uppercut Out of Clinch STILL there.

This is a discussion on Free Uppercut Out of Clinch STILL there. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2020, 07:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Free Uppercut Out of Clinch STILL there.

Add this to the ever growing list of things they said were patched but weren't. Next up... the free uppercut for the guy who initiated the clinch when you escape. They clearly said that was fixed... again nope.

I've made like 3 threads so far and seen others on things they specifically mentioned in the patch as fixed that are 100% not fixed. They're opposite of fixed.

Do the dev's even play the game after these "patches" to see if what they did worked? You can have game testers do it for FREE for you. Have a few youtuber UFC 4 guys play the game with the new patch for a couple days before it's released so they can tell you obvious things like "Hey uh..that thing thats in the patch notes you said you fixed? It's not fixed it's still there" etc. etc.

But that's a whole other topic. Main point of this post I'd like to see addressed is the free uppercut coming out of the clinch still being in the game and leads to sooo much clinch spamming cheese.

P.S. Along with that, maybe also look at the terrible skill based matchmaking, the terrible stamina system, the leg kicks, and the overall crappiness of having 1 division choice an hour. That'd be cool of you to do. (but actually do, not just say you did in the patch notes and have it be totally untrue)

If my tone in my posts seems a little heated it's because the more I find stuff like this, issues that said were fixed that aren't, major gameplay issues left untouched, massive issues the whole community have being unaddressed, etc. I'm getting more and more frustrated.

But out of love because I want this game to be good! I love UFC and I loved playing UFC 3. I still enjoy playing this game for the handful of good parts even with the incredible frustration at all the issues. I want the game to succeed and for it to be awesome. So it's really maddening to see crap like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Free Uppercut Out of Clinch STILL there.

I'll play devil's advocate. They never said they fixed the single uppercut landing.
Here is the patch note:

-Tuned striking during clinch escapes

That is true, it used to be 2 uppercuts. They word notes like this because it is a work in progress. They tweak things and continue to keep an eye out to further adjust it if need be. These adjustments cannot be patched in instantly.
For further proof regarding this, here is a more detailed explanation from EA.

"We also tuned striking within the clinch including an unintended issue allowing fighters to land multiple strikes on an opponent as they are escaping the clinch. We will continue to monitor community feedback regarding the clinch for additional tuning needs."

It's great to be passionate and want the best game possible, as do I. The clinch escape stamina tax was an extremely important fix in my opinion, and am thankful they have a finger on these things.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-08-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
Pro

I think the "free" hits as you retreat is a cool mechanic in theory as there should be some way to punish just mindlessly retreating. That being said, the submissive fighter in particular needs more tools to make the interaction more interesting.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Question Re: Free Uppercut Out of Clinch STILL there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I think the "free" hits as you retreat is a cool mechanic in theory as there should be some way to punish just mindlessly retreating. That being said, the submissive fighter in particular needs more tools to make the interaction more interesting.
Huh? You think being able to be hit with an unblockable uppercut every time you break out of the clinch (especially when it is being spammed like it often is) is a cool mechanic? Hah. You and I have very different definitions of cool mechanics in that case. If you want to have the uppercut thrown at the end at least give the other fighter a window to block it. Right now it's just a free powerful strike. Uppercuts are very OP in this game.

If somebody clinches you 5 times which means 5 free uppercuts... you're head health is in ruff shape and thats if they didn't do more damage in the clinch before you broke out or damage earlier in the fight. Even if not, now your head health is way lower and there was zero you could do about it so it's just become 10x easier to rock you with regular strikes.

It's a horrible mechanic dude.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I'll play devil's advocate. They never said they fixed the single uppercut landing.
Here is the patch note:

-Tuned striking during clinch escapes

That is true, it used to be 2 uppercuts. They word notes like this because it is a work in progress. They tweak things and continue to keep an eye out to further adjust it if need be. These adjustments cannot be patched in instantly.
For further proof regarding this, here is a more detailed explanation from EA.

"We also tuned striking within the clinch including an unintended issue allowing fighters to land multiple strikes on an opponent as they are escaping the clinch. We will continue to monitor community feedback regarding the clinch for additional tuning needs."

It's great to be passionate and want the best game possible, as do I. The clinch escape stamina tax was an extremely important fix in my opinion, and am thankful they have a finger on these things.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Well I'd like to see a little less "monitoring" and more doing. This free uppercut out of the clinch is just one of many huge gameplay issues right now.And What's to monitor at this point? Almost the whole community agree on a majority of issues and have had those issues since launch and the patch and nothing has been done, not even hinted at being fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 05:48 AM   #6
Rookie

I stopped backing out of the clinch. I tend to try and get the transition or push them against the cage and take control of the clinch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #7
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

The clinch feels chaotic to me. I really need to learn how to slow it down....every engagement feels like Frye-Takayama.

The cage clinch is very challenging for me too. I feel like i can't really stall the action and make it more realistic. If my back is to the cage, can reverse my position and put my opponents back to the cage?
Old 10-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #8
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Free Uppercut Out of Clinch STILL there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfab14
I stopped backing out of the clinch. I tend to try and get the transition or push them against the cage and take control of the clinch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
That's a good idea. Going to try and implement the same tactic. Thanks for the good info!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »