Home

Blocked Kicks in Madden 21

This is a discussion on Blocked Kicks in Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Blocked Kicks in Madden 21

I'm curious if people are seeing any/many blocked punts or Field Goals ?

For me personally every year since they introduced it back in it has gotten less and less and
this year through about 30-40 games I've not seen one of either.

I thought last years game was less but I'd still see them here and there and there was also ones that would be close but just miss. I've not seen that either.

The biggest thing I remember from them is that you pretty much knew they were coming because of the slowdown effect that would kick in. I've not seen that once this year which makes me wonder if they took out the old mechanic and pretty much blocks will be few and far between.

Wondering what others have seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Blocked Kicks in Madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I'm curious if people are seeing any/many blocked punts or Field Goals ?

For me personally every year since they introduced it back in it has gotten less and less and
this year through about 30-40 games I've not seen one of either.

I thought last years game was less but I'd still see them here and there and there was also ones that would be close but just miss. I've not seen that either.

The biggest thing I remember from them is that you pretty much knew they were coming because of the slowdown effect that would kick in. I've not seen that once this year which makes me wonder if they took out the old mechanic and pretty much blocks will be few and far between.

Wondering what others have seen.
Seeing the same thing you are.

Last year, kick blocks were purely animation-driven. If the engine decided you won the block attempt interaction, the block animation took over...the kickers approach slowed, the blocker was almost guided into the kick, all you had left to do was time the actual dive at the ball.

This year, they're more fluid and less animation driven...I've missed several potential blocks where my guy actually won at the LoS, but I just plain missed the block itself due to being seriously out-of-practice at taking the correct angle without an animation doing most of it for me.

I think it's an improvement, but total blocks are down overall.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Yea, I myself have gotten through the line with a pass rush move maybe twice but was not even close to blocking it because it takes to long to break through.

The CPU though has not gotten close. Personally I despise the accurate kick thing they added that made it so you can't be blocked. Why couldn't they keep that out of sim style.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:58 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Yea, I myself have gotten through the line with a pass rush move maybe twice but was not even close to blocking it because it takes to long to break through.

The CPU though has not gotten close. Personally I despise the accurate kick thing they added that made it so you can't be blocked. Why couldn't they keep that out of sim style.
Lol...you're magic. I'd replied to this while I was out smoking, went back in to finish the game I had in progress, and the CPU blocked a FG (first one I'd seen them block outside a simulation in 4 franchise seasons).

Got any lottery numbers for me?
Old 10-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #5
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Online CFM seen 2 blocked punts & maybe 3-4 block fgs/xtra pts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

In about 40 games I have blocked one. It was the same old same old...I knew as soon as the play started that I had the jump and I just had to time the dive. It felt like things slowed down as some have said. Other than that one time, the rest of them I never even sniffed a block....for what it's worth.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #7
Just started!

I've seen a handful of kicks blocked. My issue with this is generally blocked field goals happen from the push up the middle but Madden is always edge rusher from the outside.

As far as punts, I've only had them blocked when someone is punting from inside their own 5 because of a weird animation where a middle rusher dives into a blocked and the blocker falls down so the kick gets blocked. Nothing from the outside. I also think the punter doesn't kick from the back of the endzone on these, he is usually up closer to the LOS than having his foot at the back of the endzone like they would in real life.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
Seeing the same thing you are.

Last year, kick blocks were purely animation-driven. If the engine decided you won the block attempt interaction, the block animation took over...the kickers approach slowed, the blocker was almost guided into the kick, all you had left to do was time the actual dive at the ball.

This year, they're more fluid and less animation driven...I've missed several potential blocks where my guy actually won at the LoS, but I just plain missed the block itself due to being seriously out-of-practice at taking the correct angle without an animation doing most of it for me.

I think it's an improvement, but total blocks are down overall.
I had one of those animation driven blocked punts last night.

surprisingly i still got the punt off though, the guy was probably an inch away from touching the ball.

blocked punts happen in real life so i'm not sure why madden feels the need to resort to this really obvious fake nonsense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »