Home

Possible Sack Fix

This is a discussion on Possible Sack Fix within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #1
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0
Possible Sack Fix

I wanted to share this with the OS Madden community. **First of all, credit goes out to the Sim Gaming Network YouTube channel for the QB edits that are referenced in this post**
After doing some thorough research and watching dozens of CPU vs CPU franchise games, I decided to take the QB edits one step further. A shot in the dark if you will and it may have assisted with cutting down the amount of sacks that are seen in games.
In the Sim Gaming Network video, he explains how to get QBs more mobile in the pocket and eliminating the “statue “ or “robo” QB that we see. This process includes editing three player traits (Sense Pressure, Forces Passes and QB Style). It also includes editing three player ratings (Carrying, BC Vision and Break Sack) which are used to increase the Scrambler archetype.
I used that process, but decided not to edit the player ratings. After watching a franchise game where the opposition’s defense had 7 sacks before halftime, I knew something else had to be done. So, I decided to look at my teams offensive line. And what did I find? The same player traits that my QBs had (Sense Pressure, Forces Passes and QB Style)! Now why would offensive linemen have these traits? Only EA and the developers know that answer
What I did next was edit my offensive lines player traits to match my QBs. A shot in the dark indeed, but I had an idea that it may be possible that my offensive line was somehow tied to my QB.
The results of this was eye opening to say the least! My next two franchise games had lower sack totals and the QB actually threw the ball away and didn’t take needless sacks. Now, don’t get too excited because there are sacks and opposing defenses will get them. These player trait edits only assist with decreasing the total amount.
Keep in mind that I use CPU vs CPU in my franchise games. This process may have different results if you control your players.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
Rookie

goldhbk10's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Possible Sack Fix

Edit: Did this stop the QB from dropping back indefinitely and taking large sacks?
Old 10-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #3
Rookie

I play with lordfriezas cpu vs cpu settings and I notice the Qb bug sacks happen very rarely and I it has to do with him using competitive mode rather then simulation.

I’ve tried every set of sliders except tommycoas new one.

The problem with competitive mode is the qbs don’t scramble enough.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:21 PM   #4
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldhbk10
Edit: Did this stop the QB from dropping back indefinitely and taking large sacks?

Unfortunately, it didn’t totally stop it from happening. But, it did cut down the amount of times that it happens though. I don’t think there’s a fix that we as the community can do to take that away entirely. I believe it’s something that’s coded into the programming. After seeing the results of this experiment play out, I believe that the offensive line is somehow tied to the QB....

Old 10-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by direfire
I play with lordfriezas cpu vs cpu settings and I notice the Qb bug sacks happen very rarely and I it has to do with him using competitive mode rather then simulation.

I’ve tried every set of sliders except tommycoas new one.

The problem with competitive mode is the qbs don’t scramble enough.

I checked out those sliders and watched quite a few of his videos on YouTube. One problem I had with these was that I didn’t see any penalties. This was unrealistic for me as I try to mimic what is seen on TV. They are good sliders, but they don’t work for my style of play.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 09:18 PM   #6
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

So after some more testing, I decided to up HUM/CPU pass blocking from 50 to 75. I’m still using the trait edits in the OP along with this pass blocking increase. I’ve only played one franchise game since doing this, but there were fewer sacks (Bengals 2 / Colts 3) as the QB had more time in the pocket to find an open receiver. The Bengals didn’t get their two sacks until the second half! I’m sure it’ll take more games to see if it actually works, but this first game showed some promise.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #7
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

I think this is placebo.

The reason that the offensive line has QB traits is simply because every position has QB traits. They only exist in case you, for whatever reason, want to change an offensive lineman, or any player really, to a QB.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:54 PM   #8
Rookie

I don’t read a ton of stuff on here so I don’t know if someone has brought it up. Has anyone else noticed that receivers finish their routes and just STAND there beside the DB?
Do that in real football and that’s gonna be it for you on that day. A receiver must always present themselves as a viable target, regardless of the route they start with. Everyone is concerned with the QB, it seems, but I see this type of route running often, especially on drop back sacks. Until the receiver can recognize the need to keep the play alive the qb will always be left with no one to throw to..hence leading them to a sh/t sandwich.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »