Home

Sunday Rivals Winter Update Adds In-Game and Season Stats, Console Development on Hold

This is a discussion on Sunday Rivals Winter Update Adds In-Game and Season Stats, Console Development on Hold within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2020, 03:15 AM   #1
Rookie

26k's Arena

OVR: 0
Sunday Rivals Winter Update Adds In-Game and Season Stats, Console Development on Hold

A new Sunday Rivals Winter update has arrived today rebranding the pre-snap stat box as the...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by 26k; 10-30-2020 at 12:28 AM. Reason: for latest update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Sunday Rivals Updates (v.12.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26k
Hey yall, wanted to put together a thread to start sharing all of the updates that have gone into Sunday Rivals since release in August. The game is currently available on Steam Early Access: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Sunday_Rivals/

Today I put up the 5th update to the game, v.12.0, focused entirely on improving visuals and presentation. I've added a full crowd, new lighting and atmosphere, and started renovating the overall look of the stadium with endzone text, working scoreboards, and improved bench and sidelines.

I've also started building out a fun player celebration system, leaning in a bit to some of my retro inspirations for making this game:

In the previous update, I added a new game mode unique to Sunday Rivals called HeadHunter, which allows the player to compete in a 4 game tournament that utilizes a fantasy football type scoring system and tracks stats and records across the games. So far, players have been really digging this new mode, putting up some incredible scores!

Going forward, I'm planning to focus back again improving gameplay and increasing the overall AI competition level through a mixture of difficulty settings and customizable gameplay sliders. More to come on that front!

Thanks for reading, let me know if you have any questions about the game!
I hit you up on twitter - looking for apple or ps/xbox support in the future so I can play! It really looks awesome, so good on you - are you doing this alone? it's very impressive.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
Rookie

SR has the best gameplay of the indie football titles out there and it gets significantly better with each monthly update. Full customization and season mode are still coming!
Old 10-14-2020, 11:51 PM   #4
Rookie

26k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I hit you up on twitter - looking for apple or ps/xbox support in the future so I can play! It really looks awesome, so good on you - are you doing this alone? it's very impressive.
Thanks, yup working on this by my lonesome!

I'm focused on the Steam release right now, when Early Access is complete I'll start evaluating other platforms since there's definitely a demand for it so far. I have no idea when that will be, so if you're interested now Steam is the best (and cheapest) place to grab a hold of it!
Old 10-15-2020, 10:41 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Excited about this one, but it needs a career/franchise mode (even if basic, something for multiple seasons) before I can get too excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2020, 05:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Elway7's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Excited about this one, but it needs a career/franchise mode (even if basic, something for multiple seasons) before I can get too excited.
Tecmo super bowl only had a season and it is still widely played today.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:42 PM   #7
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26k
Thanks, yup working on this by my lonesome!

I'm focused on the Steam release right now, when Early Access is complete I'll start evaluating other platforms since there's definitely a demand for it so far. I have no idea when that will be, so if you're interested now Steam is the best (and cheapest) place to grab a hold of it!
cool, I look forward to it - I only have a mac's in this house so I'll have to wait. Are you a game developer or started this as a side project?
I'm making a game in dreams on ps4 but some aspect are so much harder than others I'm finding - what platform do you use to create in - is it unreal?
Old 10-20-2020, 08:12 PM   #8
Rookie

26k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway7
Tecmo super bowl only had a season and it is still widely played today.
This is true!

FWIW, there will definitely be a season mode with customizable teams, rosters, records, etc. I totally understand the desire for franchise, but to do it right it's basically like building another game on top of an existing football game. Right now I'm just focused on making that first football game as good as it can be

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »