Home

Got booted offline today. What is wrong with this 2K community

This is a discussion on Got booted offline today. What is wrong with this 2K community within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2020, 02:11 AM   #1
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

OVR: 0
Got booted offline today. What is wrong with this 2K community

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ffline+on+xbox

Dozens of videos on how to boot people offline woooo, with thousands of likes and super appreciative bums in the comments.

Wtf is wrong with these people

Got booted today by some virgin nerd

Add this to the list of awesome 2K community traits like having the lowest iq in any videogame, whining to Mike Wang on twitter every year until he caves and dumbs down the game, as well as all the amazing randoms out there.

I'm a millenial but there's something wrong with this internet generation of zoomers - millenials. Look what they've contributed to society. Probably the most socially deformed generation in history.

Might be time for me to take a break from this game. I wish I could play this game offline but too boring for me.

Last edited by TheFgGoatLikesHawks; 10-15-2020 at 02:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2020, 07:23 AM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Got booted offline today. What is wrong with this 2K community

2K is hands down the most toxic gaming community around.

I tried to play online for the first few weeks of the games release and it’s just comical to me. It’s sad, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-15-2020, 07:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Cold Snap's Arena

They don't want to play basketball.

They want to win.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:04 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 13

My experience online with NBA2K - across title years - has been universally bad. Between the average random matchup being with someone of - let's be charitable and say a 'different' maturity level - and the absolutely horrible netcode which basically makes shooting a slot machine, barring a fun game with a known quantity in which the primary objective is to socialize with friends (and not actually play the game) I do not play online any more, period. My personal experience has been nothing but bad.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Weirdos from the cod/fortnight community.

Just look at the choc situation right now..a 2k league player caught using a modded controller in wagered games.

A grown man(choc) crying on camera over internet comments. You just gotta laugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2020, 03:50 PM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

NBA 2K just feels like the most toxic and snobbish out of all the online communities. I'm talking about when you're in the physical game itself. I'm pretty sure the forums are probably similar to this.

In NBA 2K, the community will let know you that you're "not good enough" to play with them or have the audacity to send you a message afterwards. Let's be honest, snobbery in NBA 2K is NOT new. I remember when NBA 2K used to have lobbies with chat features. You could see a person W/L and rank, and you could send a game invite to the person you wanted to play. I used to sit in the lobby forever to get a game, because my rank wasn't in the Top 100. I was in the Top 200, but not the Top 100. I was SO happy when they shifted to blind matchmaking. I could jump on, get a game, and jump on. Park is similar to the old lobby system which is why I don't play park. I don't have time to be going from court to court looking for a game, then people jump off as soon as I jump on.

I play a lot of co-op COD: MW, and I rarely duck out. They play to have fun, and some higher ranked people are willing to run it back if the team clicked during the mission. Honestly, I just don't know too many games where players bend over backwards to avoid playing with certain players.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 10-15-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:35 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 13

Couldn't agree more w/ the above posts.

As the old saying goes, "every system is perfectly designed to get the results that it gets". The NBA2K 'community' (and I use that term loosely) is the way it is because it was designed to be that way (intentionally or unintentionally).
Old 10-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #8
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Couldn't agree more w/ the above posts.

As the old saying goes, "every system is perfectly designed to get the results that it gets". The NBA2K 'community' (and I use that term loosely) is the way it is because it was designed to be that way (intentionally or unintentionally).
I'm not sure if it's a 2K design thing (probably doesn't help) or a generational thing. Social media and youtube hasn't helped. There's always been online cyber trolling since online video games and is kind've expected, but we live in an era of Twitch swatting, doxxing, ip crap, booters, delayers, etc. These people take it to the next level, zero conscience, it's pathetic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »