Home

FIFA 21 NOT Included in Xbox's Next Gen Games List

This is a discussion on FIFA 21 NOT Included in Xbox's Next Gen Games List within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2020, 09:22 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
FIFA 21 NOT Included in Xbox's Next Gen Games List

Potentially big news: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/...on-launch-day/

30 Games optimized for Xbox Series S/X on launch day... and Madden & FIFA are not on the list... Other games that market through Sony are on here as well, including NBA2K and COD Cold War so that would have nothing to do with it. Looks like anyone lucky enough to gen a next gen pre-order will not have next gen Madden or FIFA to play.

Also important to note that they went out of their way to point out that COD is releasing only a few days after release, Cyberpunk is coming about a week later, and they highlighted a game coming in DECEMBER! ...but no mention of Madden or FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2020, 02:00 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Re: FIFA 21 NOT Included in Xbox's Next Gen Games List

I don't see this as anything for Xbox users to worry about. EA haven't released any information for next gen for either console other than the games are coming. The list also makes it sound more like if you wanted to backwards compatibility play last gen FIFA or Madden they won't be optimized to run on Xbox series X/S. Which isnt unreasonable as they expect the next version to eventually come out.

Edit: I think what's more worrying is the fact that the only thing we know about next gen is the lighting will be better and the haptic feedback of the controller (on PS5). We've known that sense June. 2K is dropping trailers and info, so what are EA doing or not doing.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 10-15-2020 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
Rookie

DrMcLeanAnn's Arena

So I can play it on PS4 yes?
Old 10-21-2020, 10:21 AM   #4
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1

Three weeks out and there hasn't been an ounce of information. I saw someone say that PlayStation has the marketing rights for FIFA or something and that the game will just come out on the 12th when the PS5 launches, hence why it's not included on this Launch Day list....

But the lack of information regarding it is quite concerning for it to meet the 11/10 or 11/12 launch days
Old 10-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy11826
Three weeks out and there hasn't been an ounce of information. I saw someone say that PlayStation has the marketing rights for FIFA or something and that the game will just come out on the 12th when the PS5 launches, hence why it's not included on this Launch Day list....

But the lack of information regarding it is quite concerning for it to meet the 11/10 or 11/12 launch days

It especially sucks when you read about al of the next gen changes coming to NBA 2K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »