Home

User pass defense

This is a discussion on User pass defense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2020, 07:18 PM   #1
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
User pass defense

So this is the first madden game that I am just lost on how to play good pass defense. Granted maybe most of my issues come with slider fixes but I just can’t figure how to stop the damn qbs for the cpu. 80% or higher is their range with completions. Doesn’t seem to matter what defense I play or the ratings I just get burnt up and down the field.

What kills me is the cpu throws these 2 yard passes and it turns into a 8-9 yard play each time when adding in the tackling animation. My defenders only react when the cpu catches the ball, so yes I do shade and call coverages that work to stop the play but they don’t do anything until after a catch...not to mention the cpu wrs catch everything

Does anyone have like any suggestions? This is the first madden I’m literally just don’t know anymore, it’s not fun when lower rated qbs just move the ball constantly on you, especially when you have a great secondary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2020, 04:29 PM   #2
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: User pass defense

I'm in the same boat. Tried sliders but it doesn't matter. Tried different pass formations.
Here's hoping for next gen to be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
So this is the first madden game that I am just lost on how to play good pass defense. Granted maybe most of my issues come with slider fixes but I just can’t figure how to stop the damn qbs for the cpu. 80% or higher is their range with completions. Doesn’t seem to matter what defense I play or the ratings I just get burnt up and down the field.

What kills me is the cpu throws these 2 yard passes and it turns into a 8-9 yard play each time when adding in the tackling animation. My defenders only react when the cpu catches the ball, so yes I do shade and call coverages that work to stop the play but they don’t do anything until after a catch...not to mention the cpu wrs catch everything

Does anyone have like any suggestions? This is the first madden I’m literally just don’t know anymore, it’s not fun when lower rated qbs just move the ball constantly on you, especially when you have a great secondary.
Sent from my S30 using Operation Sports mobile app
Bulls

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »