Home

real issues with goalie mode, 1 pass and shot and goal, reactionary bug

This is a discussion on real issues with goalie mode, 1 pass and shot and goal, reactionary bug within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
real issues with goalie mode, 1 pass and shot and goal, reactionary bug

goalie mode has real issues, AI CPU comes down the ice and does 1 pass and and shot and goal, if I was gonna rate goalie mode , it would be E , another issue is there's no reverse vh hug post paddle down, reactionary saves is bit dissappointment, its not on par with todays goalie, its basicly auto animations that don't hardly react to pass and one timer goal every time, goalies are like over sliding and its almost write off for goalies.

now forwards its pretty good, but goalies is not even worth playing, User goalies let in too many goals in be a pro as u are controlling them.

am going to release my version of goalies sliders very soon, hold on to heart.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 10-16-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2020, 08:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Kinvarus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: real issues with goalie mode, 1 pass and shot and goal, reactionary bug

There is a paddle down but it's automatic now, not manually done, which still sucks but I've actually found it easier to play goalie this year with default sliders. Although you're right there are still some issues, especially for BAP. The fact that the AI can still skate down below the line, do a picture perfect cross crease pass for an easy one timer before you can stop hugging the post and move over AND the defence AI is never there covering the open half of the net still happens and is beyond a joke at this point, I have only given up on average 2 or 3 goals a game and had a few shutouts too.

In BAP I actually manged to get drafted 1st by the Rangers, I haven't been drafted 1st or even top 100 as a goalie in BAP for like 5 games now if not more. That being said I've had way more success this year as a Butterfly goalie than a Hybrid for some reason.

It's a fact that most people play as forwards or defense than they do goalie so we always get the short end of the stick. Even the new features of BAP are more geared towards skaters than goalies outside of what James and Ray say on his show in the mode about us.

It still has it's issues but I wouldn't necessarily say that goalies aren't worth playing this year, at least in my opinion, although that being said I would probably say that if you want to be a goalie then EASHL is still probably the way to go over BAP this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »