Home

Behaviour

This is a discussion on Behaviour within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
Behaviour

So what is the point of having shot and skating styles if EA leaves them all at default. They won’t let roster sharing so every one of us have to edit players to their liking to make the game look more realistic. So pretty much I’m sure everyone doesn’t even bother so everyone shoots and skates the same. VERY lazy on EA’s part!

PS - even the cover boy doesn’t have his own skating style. Does have shot 2 so that’s something but seriously!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2020, 12:19 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Behaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
So what is the point of having shot and skating styles if EA leaves them all at default. They won’t let roster sharing so every one of us have to edit players to their liking to make the game look more realistic. So pretty much I’m sure everyone doesn’t even bother so everyone shoots and skates the same. VERY lazy on EA’s part!

PS - even the cover boy doesn’t have his own skating style. Does have shot 2 so that’s something but seriously!

Because it would require to much effort. The only reason they even put skating styles in was to appease the be a pro people. They could care less of the base roster is realistic
Old 10-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
Banned

I edit most of my players from the team I play with in franchise, then I just do some tweaks for star players on other teams. Sucks you gotta do that, but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh

This is actually my biggest frustration. I was very much looking forward to the players actually looking different on the ice. But I also am going to basically just keep editing the base roster over the next couple of months until I’m happy (some CAPs, editing overalls, etc.) and along the way I’m literally just randomizing skating for virtually every roster player to get the ice presentation to look different. Very time consuming. Changing shot styles and goal celebrations too. For years everything has been the same. If I randomize celebrations, shot styles and skating styles, edit ratings to create more separation and realism, etc. I’ll enjoy the game more.

It’ll take me until like December to finish but what I’m doing in the meanwhile is playing a just for fun BAP on the side. I edit one or two teams then I play some BAP. When I finally finish the roster project I’ll start a franchise. So far I’ve done Anaheim and Arizona’s NHL rosters, as well as my Rangers. I’ve played a couple play now matches with the teams I’ve done and it does dramatically improve the presentation. It’s just super time consuming and I’m going to have to do pretty much all of the prospects and AHLers who have a chance or getting called up in order to maintain the effect.

Last edited by Moose24x; 10-17-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
This is actually my biggest frustration. I was very much looking forward to the players actually looking different on the ice. But I also am going to basically just keep editing the base roster over the next couple of months until I’m happy (some CAPs, editing overalls, etc.) and along the way I’m literally just randomizing skating for virtually every roster player to get the ice presentation to look different. Very time consuming. Changing shot styles and goal celebrations too. For years everything has been the same. If I randomize celebrations, shot styles and skating styles, edit ratings to create more separation and realism, etc. I’ll enjoy the game more.

It’ll take me until like December to finish but what I’m doing in the meanwhile is playing a just for fun BAP on the side. I edit one or two teams then I play some BAP. When I finally finish the roster project I’ll start a franchise.
How do you “randomize” players for those skating and shot, celebrating ect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2020, 12:54 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
How do you “randomize” players for those skating and shot, celebrating ect?
Manually. I wish it was as easy as a button to randomize it. What I meant is I’m not watching every player and trying to mimic what they skate like. If I know the player I try to get it close but for the most part I’m just manually editing them at random so everyone skates differently. Same with shot styles, just choosing random different numbers.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #7
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Manually. I wish it was as easy as a button to randomize it. What I meant is I’m not watching every player and trying to mimic what they skate like. If I know the player I try to get it close but for the most part I’m just manually editing them at random so everyone skates differently. Same with shot styles, just choosing random different numbers.
Oh ..ok because that’s how I’m doing it...trying to give taller players longer strides ect...but yes it’s a pain...neat lil feature though...adds to immersion.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:43 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Oh ..ok because that’s how I’m doing it...trying to give taller players longer strides ect...but yes it’s a pain...neat lil feature though...adds to immersion.
Yeah, it definitely makes it feel a bit more organic when everyone is moving differently. The default celebration is so bad and 90% of the options are dumb so I’m trying to change everything to more realistic celebrations, assign random shot styles and just scramble the skating style for everyone. When I’m working on my one team, I try to create something that fits them but don’t take a lot of time trying to be super accurate. Just close. I do the same with stars on other teams, but aside from the standouts I’m just making sure they’re all different so the game looks more natural.

Editing ratings at the same time is time consuming. Goligoski in Arizona had a 90 deking. He may have great hands for a defenseman but if Kane only has a 95 deking, Goligoski isn’t getting a 90. And guys like McDavid and Draisaitl having 90 defensive awareness is ridiculous. It’s just to boost their overall. I’m not saying both are BAD, but they shouldn’t have Selke level ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »