Home

TNT Presentation Next Gen

This is a discussion on TNT Presentation Next Gen within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
TNT Presentation Next Gen

Any chance we get TNT Presentation with music and overlays for next gen. This would really add to the atmosphere. Also, chance we get another announcer or two. Would like Marv Albert for the classic teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2020, 12:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: TNT Presentation Next Gen

I wish but since we haven’t heard about it by now I doubt that it happens, unfortunately. Presentation definitely needs some sort of upgrade for next gen
Old 10-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

I'd just be happy with better crowd reaction and more WAYYYY more stat overlays. These guys suppose to be creative. I don't know why they won't add more stat overlays for myleague. Creates a more immersive experience. Presentation needs a massive upgrade.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:41 PM   #4
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

I've given up hope at this point. People have been speculating about it for so long now and it just don't seem like it's ever going to happen. Plus with the generic presentation that are able to get people from different networks such as Doris Burke. 2k is probably fine with not having the license and having the freedom to do what they want while still mimicking a tnt style presentation to an extent.

But they should still be able to improve presentation and atmosphere without it. Arena atmosphere and crowd noise is long over do for a big upgrade. Commentary needs a boost as well imo. I'm fine with who they have but if you play the game regularly it can get stale quick. They also need to improve the reactions and play by play commentary in general. I can't stand when they go on tangents and have conversations as if there isn't a game going on. This happens from time to time in real life but they're not just going to completely ignore the action on the court unless it's a blown out or play is stopped.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:30 PM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I have more confidence with them attaining TNT more than MSG or TD Garden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2020, 05:48 PM   #6
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Need a sportscenter show a la NFL 2K5

Old 10-19-2020, 10:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I'd just be happy with better crowd reaction and more WAYYYY more stat overlays. These guys suppose to be creative. I don't know why they won't add more stat overlays for myleague. Creates a more immersive experience. Presentation needs a massive upgrade.

I've seen this comment a few times whenever i browse here (don't stop by too often) about stat overlays. And considering i just spent the last 4 months polishing a tnt stat overlay mod for 2k20 ... yes, it was horribly tedious... yes i have a combination of ocd and compulsiveness that borders insanity... i actually think 2k did a descent job within the hardware of the ps4/xbox one.

there's actually about 40-50 different overlay that could pop up... given my general observations. The problem is the factors required to trigger a pop up.

first, a pop up only will occur after a made bucket. missed buckets will never trigger a pop up. also... not every made bucket will trigger a popup.
second, star players/more important team players will trigger popups more often. So, lebron makes a bucket... greater chance of popup. on the jazz... who i play the most... donovan & rudy will get popups regulary. conley and clarkson will get popus a few times. and royce o'neil will never trigger a popup.
so, if you are on a team of low stardom/unlucky/unimportant players (like the knicks) then popups will be pretty sparce.

Hopefully next gen hardware will allow for more stats to be tracked.

lastly, the default popups are just so cluttered and difficult to read. As I made the mod, i was actually surprised the variety of popups .... cause the default presentation just wasn't easy to read the information... so i hardly glanced down to read the information. the mod album... glancing through... the popups contain a large variety of information, i think.

an album i made when released the mod.... about half or so of the possible popups https://ibb.co/album/sCv1w3

Anyways, would be cool for an official TNT presentation.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:28 AM   #8
MVP

zello144's Arena

Is it bad that I don't want full TNT presentation? I used to but I've gotten so used to 2k's version that I'm fine without a full blown TNT presentation in the game.

They do need to improve though. Make 2k sports feel like an actual network and copy things that ESPN, TNT, and the regional sports networks do to make the broadcast feel more authentic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »