Home

Does the CPU shoot takedowns on hard difficulty?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU shoot takedowns on hard difficulty? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does the CPU shoot takedowns on hard difficulty?

Hello everyone,

Since the most recent patch I’ve noticed hard difficult is, well, harder! At least I’m seeing this. I play an offline universe and move between hard and pro. I’ve read that fighter AI is better on pro and I completely agree. However, I can’t hang on pro lol.

I’ve moved back down to hard and it’s a more enjoyable experience. The CPU can definitely hold its own in both the grappling and striking. The issue is, I’ve played 2-3 full cards and I don’t think the CPU has attempted one takedown against me. I just finished a fight with Sonnen where it was entirely a kick boxing match. The same has occurred with other grapple heavy fighters. Anyone know what the deal is? Hard seems like the right difficulty for me but this seems like a pretty big issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does the CPU shoot takedowns on hard difficulty?

Johny Hendricks judo tossed me in the clinch! So it looks like it happens—just very sporadically.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:51 AM   #3
Pro

Re: Does the CPU shoot takedowns on hard difficulty?

Where did they say they tuned the AI?

I love that I actually lose on pro. People are so tuned to beating AI in any game it's resulted in a lot of whining online so the difficulty has decreased significantly (not talking about you man just in general :-) ). So I love that I actually get my *** handed to me.

Takedowns are a rare occurence indeed. Last time I had a fighter shoot often was in career (SW against Suarez).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »