Home

Visors...

This is a discussion on Visors... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Visors...

Created players I create without visors but..when in game play now or season they have visors.

Is there a workaround? Age of player or something...otherwise why does EA give us a option to use them or not to use them..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 12:49 AM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Visors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Created players I create without visors but..when in game play now or season they have visors.

Is there a workaround? Age of player or something...otherwise why does EA give us a option to use them or not to use them..?
I think it's because they are mandatory in the real NHL that you have to have them in any "NHL" mode. I think the option to not wear them only applies for non official NHL modes.

I could be wrong though it's just a guess.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I think it's because they are mandatory in the real NHL that you have to have them in any "NHL" mode. I think the option to not wear them only applies for non official NHL modes.

I could be wrong though it's just a guess.
I found the following on Sports Illustrated regarding the rule:

"The NHL and the NHL Players' Association agreed in the summer of 2013 that players with less than 26 games of experience would have to play with a shield when they reached the league, same as they did with helmets in 1979. It took 18 years for every player in the league to wear a helmet"

So if EA has the game following the rules, any player with less than 26 games of NHL Experience are required to wear shields. After that point, it's up to the player.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:34 AM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega79

"The NHL and the NHL Players' Association agreed in the summer of 2013 that players with less than 26 games of experience would have to play with a shield when they reached the league, same as they did with helmets in 1979. It took 18 years for every player in the league to wear a helmet"

So if EA has the game following the rules, any player with less than 26 games of NHL Experience are required to wear shields. After that point, it's up to the player.
That's the same grandfather clause that helmets were. It was a rule as of 2013 but it was accumulative since then. So any one as of that year who had over 26 games didnt have to wear one going forward but everyone else in the league starting after that has to wear one, forever.

You are understanding the rule wrong. It doesnt mean that after 26 games you can decide to not wear one anymore. There arent a ton of guys in the league still that are eligible to not wear one and out of the ones that are eligible I think theres only like 15 players who dont.

So I'm still sticking with my guess that EA is making it a requirement for nhl games.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 10-21-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

This should have nothing to do with real life rules for players to wear visors.

NHL 20 I was able to create a ton of players with no visors as part of a historic roster, and in gameplay they had no visor.

No clue why this would be an issue in NHL 21.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 06:47 PM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96

NHL 20 I was able to create a ton of players with no visors as part of a historic roster, and in gameplay they had no visor.

It could very well be just a bug. Wouldn't be the only one lol.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:44 AM   #7
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega79

No you had to be in the league prior to when it was mandated to wear one, hence why guys from around 2013 or so (don’t remember exact year but should be close) were given an option to wear it or not. Chara, Benn, O’Reilly, Thornton, Getzlaf, are the few off the top of my head that don’t wear them. No new player has the option.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:43 PM   #8
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96

Absolutely..me too, and yet for players of historic use, I could not create a player without a helmet, they also took out the Throwback Goalie masks , that were so neat..no clue why Ea does these things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »