Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen AI - A Deep Dive Into the Offensive and Defensive Improvements

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen AI - A Deep Dive Into the Offensive and Defensive Improvements within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen AI - A Deep Dive Into the Offensive and Defensive Improvements

The third (and final) next-gen gameplay blog just went live, and while there's a ton in...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
i am worrying some bug issues still be in there so day one patch should fix those issues
Old 10-21-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Everything sounds nice. But this is nothing new to me every year. They're supposed to make their newest releases sound nice. I just want to see at least one unedited quarter played.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen AI - A Deep Dive Into the Offensive and Defensive Improvements

How about put the money where the mouth is and show some actual next-gen gameplay so we can see the talked about concepts in action...?
Old 10-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen AI - A Deep Dive Into the Offensive and Defensive Improvements

This article is definitely for the sim orientated crowd. I can see that they made a lot of improvements with the AI though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 06:10 PM   #6
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Overall spacing has always been a issue with 2k so hopefully they made the court bigger or players smaller.* The screen news is welcome but will have to see it in practice. It's so deflating when you want to get online and play a pick up game with your friends only for every game be curry slide behind a screen all day. Online I just want to see a game of balanced basketball not a game dominated by certain OP animations
Old 10-21-2020, 08:42 PM   #7
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

1. Will the ball be tangible? Or will everyone will be able to dribble where ever they want without fear of a turnover.

2. Will they actually call charges? Or can you spam the paint off the dribble.

3. Will they call foul on jumpshots? Or can you continue to do reckless turbo closeouts.

4. Will they call foul on defenders for running into a jump shooters landing space?

5. Will the passing rating ever matter? Or will Enes Kanter be able to pass like Jokic?

6. Will they turn down the speed and accuracy of long passes? Or will every team have the ability to run fast breaks like the 87 lakers?

7. Can you pick who your help defender will be consistently?

8. Can you choose which player to help off of consistently?

9. Will defenders who you put in the gap or leave him defensive setting hang around the paint to protect the goal? Or will they still guard their man out at the 3 point line?

10. Will speed matter in the half court? Or will 2 man animations turn 40 speed centers to 95 speed guards.

11. Will the vertical rating matter? Or will Boban still have a 40 inch vertical at times?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 10-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

We must be able to toggle on/off the takeover icons in settings like in 2k19!!! That ain’t sim lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »