Home

Question about the October 15th Roster Update, FA wise

This is a discussion on Question about the October 15th Roster Update, FA wise within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2020, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about the October 15th Roster Update, FA wise

So, EA actually released a quality roster for an NHL game, seems they never do that, but 1. does anyone know how accurate it is with FA signings, it seems to have all trades made, but I'm trying to figure where it stopped at FA signings, I know it's missing Tony DeAngelo's 2yr deal, even though it was signed the same day as Alexandar Georgiev's, and 2. Is it true that the players like the draft picks could be removed in a future update when the season begins, like when AHL rosters are set?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 06:06 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Question about the October 15th Roster Update, FA wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB83Rules
So, EA actually released a quality roster for an NHL game, seems they never do that, but 1. does anyone know how accurate it is with FA signings, it seems to have all trades made, but I'm trying to figure where it stopped at FA signings, I know it's missing Tony DeAngelo's 2yr deal, even though it was signed the same day as Alexandar Georgiev's, and 2. Is it true that the players like the draft picks could be removed in a future update when the season begins, like when AHL rosters are set?
Georgiev seems like the last signing they got in before the update. I’ve done the rest manually and this will be my roster all year. I’ll create players I have to but this has all the draft picks assigned to their correct teams and they will be removed later on until they have played an NHL/AHL game. I’m editing attributes for every NHLer and prospect of note and toning down some AHL guys who aren’t likely to see NHL action. Rather than wait 3+ months for the next accurate roster, this is the one to work off of.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Georgiev seems like the last signing they got in before the update. I’ve done the rest manually and this will be my roster all year. I’ll create players I have to but this has all the draft picks assigned to their correct teams and they will be removed later on until they have played an NHL/AHL game. I’m editing attributes for every NHLer and prospect of note and toning down some AHL guys who aren’t likely to see NHL action. Rather than wait 3+ months for the next accurate roster, this is the one to work off of.
Thanks, beyond not being able to get the college kids in, I've been adding in new FA signings with cap numbers vis capfriendly.com.

Edit: What system are you on PS4 or XB1? Also I plan on getting the save wizard for the PS4 in november.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #4
Pro

I’m on PS4
Old 10-21-2020, 10:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
I’m on PS4
Cool, I have one more question, does EA remove players that are on international teams? Like in the WHL, OHL, QMJHL, SHL, LIIGA, DEL, etc... Do they only remove players that were drafted this offseason, or all players not on the teams NHL or AHL team?

Either way I'm getting the save wizard, idk the difference between the $60 and $50 versions, but I forget who it is in the roster forum that is making the PS4 rosters, so I'll use those when he finishes them. I need the Rangers top college prospects, and well all of them available.

Last edited by AB83Rules; 10-21-2020 at 10:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 11:44 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB83Rules
Cool, I have one more question, does EA remove players that are on international teams? Like in the WHL, OHL, QMJHL, SHL, LIIGA, DEL, etc... Do they only remove players that were drafted this offseason, or all players not on the teams NHL or AHL team?

Either way I'm getting the save wizard, idk the difference between the $60 and $50 versions, but I forget who it is in the roster forum that is making the PS4 rosters, so I'll use those when he finishes them. I need the Rangers top college prospects, and well all of them available.
I think... I’m not positive, but based on past memory, I think that if they have played in SHL, LIIGA, etc. the year before they will stay there, but it is possible that once a team has their NHL rights they wait until they have played a game after being drafted before re-inserting them into the rosters. I wish I could be more positive but NHL 20 didn’t really hold my interest so it’s been a bit since I really paid attention to this. Either way, I find it’s actually easiest to just take the time to create the top NCAA and KHL prospects and role with the first roster update when the recent draft picks are all assigned the correct teams. It takes some work to fix up the signings that occur after and create the missing guys like Kaprizov, but ultimately you can have your roster set up and realistic long before EA releases one. Plus I edit the ratings quite a bit and if I wait for EA to release accurate rosters later on, I have to do all that editing at that point. The time it takes to do the editing and just create the missing players lets me start a franchise WAY sooner, even if it extra work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »