Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen MyPlayer Deep Dive

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen MyPlayer Deep Dive within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2020, 11:00 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen MyPlayer Deep Dive

Next-gen gaming is three weeks away. Yes, we're literally three weeks away from getting our hands...

Written By: Joel Smith

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2020, 04:51 AM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen MyPlayer Deep Dive

I'm all for elite builds. The online modes are full of people playing unrealistically and all everyone seems to want is to be able to do everything, so why not let everyone roll with generational players. What are you really going to lose from the current online play?

Where as, it has always been ridiculous how poorly rated your MyPlayer was compared to elite NBA players in the offline/NBA games part of the mode. I'm pretty sure it was shown the OVR rating calculation is not the same from MyPlayer to NBA player. Maybe now it will be.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Where as, it has always been ridiculous how poorly rated your MyPlayer was compared to elite NBA players in the offline/NBA games part of the mode. I'm pretty sure it was shown the OVR rating calculation is not the same from MyPlayer to NBA player. Maybe now it will be.
It has been shown that if you input your MyPlayer ratings on a CAP, the OVR will be drastically different. Before the Pie Charts(can include the Pie Charts), most of these builds shouldn't go north of 85 OVR let alone 99 OVR. I get it for the competitive balance for online portion of mode. But, I always felt they should separate the modes. I'm sure most of the Park/Pro-Am players would avoid the offline MyCareer story aspect of the mode if they could. For someone like me who only plays the offline portion of MyCareer, the restrictions over the last 5 years, has been a turnoff.

I still doubt that we could copy and paste a current/HoF players OVR onto a My players ratings cap. I doubt I can copy a 95 OvR ratings onto my ratings cap. I still think there will be common restrictions. You still have to consider vitals and body. I doubt someone would be able max wingspan and still max 3pt. I do feel there needs to be restrictions for realism. But there needed to be more freedom for us to create our ideal player without heavy reliance on badges. As a offline player, I was tired of glorified role players grinding for badges.

There's obvious concern of OP build is a concern for online though. It is easy to see someone maxing out 3-4 ratings and physical ratings. But I like the possibility of creating that all around player. Or creating that specialized player. I don't play online so it's not a problem. There will always be possibility of OP buiilds, but I see unique builds and people finding out how to stop it.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't see any negatives with removing pies, most players out there are 99 overall anyway. All pies did was force everyone down the same rabbit hole of builds and I hate that the Park had no variety or diversity in builds you faced. In that main build from the promo, the 6'5 guard had a perimeter defense in the 40s or 50s, and 1 defensive badge, so that tells me even the OP offensive builds will be more trash than usual on defense. Tall players, maybe for the 1st time ever won't be useless outside of 1 thing.

Now obviously I want to mess around with it to see scenarios but there doesn't seem to be attribute points, just you level up to 95 however you want. And since that includes all your physicals it will include some tough decisions. But there are a ton more variables, I don't care if builds can be OP so long as it's fun for us all. I think that's the point, not to neuter builds and make us role players.

I do want to see what some of the caps are. Ie if you are a 6'8 PG with max wingspan, what would be your potential max on 3 ball, speed, and dribbling? I assume not 95 overall across the board, so that's where my curiosity lies at now.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
And why was none of this implemented in *this generations version??
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »