Home

Madden 21 Next Gen: What Must Be Better Than Current Gen At Launch?

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Next Gen: What Must Be Better Than Current Gen At Launch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-22-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 21 Next Gen: What Must Be Better Than Current Gen At Launch?

With the emerging rumor that Madden NFL 21 won't be there right at launch for Xbox...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 21 Next Gen: What Must Be Better Than Current Gen At Launch?

Something to ponder about all of this. If they add and fix a ton on little gameplay things that could have been done on current gen is it not going to feel like a slap in the face? I mean, I can see adding things that can't be done on current gen like lighting, higher frame rates and things that require newer hardware to accomplish. But at this point if they improve the animations or blocking logic only on next gen and not current will that not feel a little disheartening? The only way this would be acceptable is if the next gen is truly a new engine that was written to fix nagging issues of the older engine that cannot be addressed as is. If it is just the same engine with shiny new graphical flourishes and logic fixes that could have been patched into current gen it will feel wrong.

I am hoping we either get an entire new engine (not likely) or the same engine with pretty new graphics. I would like the only thing that separates Madden versions be things related to hardware....not additional gameplay logic reserved for one console generation specifically. Of course you can tell that I am not on the next gen bandwagon immediately. Having said that if Next Gen Madden is the bomb I might rethink that going forward. But improving game logic on just the next gen system would still feel wrong to me if it is not an entirely new build.

Just my opinion.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

EA will want to make a splash on next gen. They are potentially stopping a fairly large demographic (Madden-only gamers) from buying next gen consoles if their offering is crap. It’s in the best interest of EA, Microsoft *and* Sony that next gen Madden isn’t just a port with an upgraded lighting engine or whatever people are speculating.

For me to buy a next gen console *for madden*, it would have to be a 20-30% better product than current gen at least. Otherwise I’m waiting until baseball drops in April.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:24 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 19
Usually the first release of the next gen version of an established franchise like Madden is worse, not better.* It takes a year or two for them to catch up.* It should be better, but it usually isn't.*
Old 10-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #5
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Gameplay wise, the line play on both sides of the ball for running and passing needs overhauled. Line play in Madden looks nothing like real life especially pass blocking and rushing. And canned animation tackling needs to be eliminated or greatly reduced.

Presentation needs overhauled too. Madden 21 next gen needs to look, feel, and play like a whole different game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2020, 05:53 PM   #6
Banned

Unfortunately, Nex Gen is a port from current gen. You'll see a lot of advanced lighting effects but it's basically current gen madden with same gameplay/animations. I love the energy people are bringing but I'd lower the expectations.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:58 PM   #7
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by douevenbench
Unfortunately, Nex Gen is a port from current gen. You'll see a lot of advanced lighting effects but it's basically current gen madden with same gameplay/animations. I love the energy people are bringing but I'd lower the expectations.
Thats what I'm expecting. I've a free Madden upgrade for XSX and PS5 anyways so the money's already spent.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Everything. The game needs a complete overhaul but we all know that is a pipe dream. EA is giving this "next gen" patch for free so what does that tell you? The player models should get rid of the bent knee stance, its unrealistic, unnatural and kills immersion. The sidelines and crowds must be better. The Oline/Dline interactions are atrocious, even the real life Cowboys do a slightly better job of blocking (and that is saying a helluva lot!) The clipping and animations that have players meshing body parts needs to be gone. Basically EA must clean up all of the current gen bugs before they even attempt to shove a "next gen" port down out throats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »