Home

Old 10-22-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Home Field Advantage OFF or ON?

What's everyone's opinion on home field advantage? I'm using J-Kits sliders in my Arkansas State dynasty with the home field advantage off and I've had back to back 8-5 seasons. But now in season 3 I'm starting to beat some ranked teams on the road with an 81 overall team. Thinking maybe I should turn on home field. What's some advantages and disadvantages of having home field on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Home Field Advantage OFF or ON?

I can’t speak on jkits slider setup and game play, but I can speak on my setup. I play with fatigue off, have a thread all about it with updated first post. With home field advantage on I was able to win back to back titles with a 81ovr FIU and a 97ovr LSU. The FIU season was way to easy, while the LSU season was a fight. I turned it off after the LSU win. Over the next 4 seasons with it off I had teams between 96-99 overall, but I was not able to win titles. In fact I only won 7 games the last 2 seasons.

Now I think you are seeing the opposite of my setup so I would turn it on, play a season or 2 to see how different the game plays overall. Don’t base it only on wins but how you win. Is it a fight or blowouts?

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-26-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I can’t speak on jkits slider setup and game play, but I can speak on my setup. I play with fatigue off, have a thread all about it with updated first post. With home field advantage on I was able to win back to back titles with a 81ovr FIU and a 97ovr LSU. The FIU season was way to easy, while the LSU season was a fight. I turned it off after the LSU win. Over the next 4 seasons with it off I had teams between 96-99 overall, but I was not able to win titles. In fact I only won 7 games the last 2 seasons.

Now I think you are seeing the opposite of my setup so I would turn it on, play a season or 2 to see how different the game plays overall. Don’t base it only on wins but how you win. Is it a fight or blowouts?

Hope that helps.

Good info! Yeah I think I'm focusing too much on W's and L's instead of how the game plays. With home field off I played at #21 Arizona. They were up 17-0 in the 1st quarter and I thought the game was over. Then I came back and won 27-24. Then at #5 Auburn I won 31-17. They went on to lose their next 2 games so maybe they weren't that good to begin with. Then I played a few with home field on. I played at South Alabama and they just dominated me. Their 84 overall QB didn't miss a pass. I couldn't stop them to save my life. I'm gonna play a few more with home field on and see what happens but it looks like it might be better off.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme26wvu
Good info! Yeah I think I'm focusing too much on W's and L's instead of how the game plays. With home field off I played at #21 Arizona. They were up 17-0 in the 1st quarter and I thought the game was over. Then I came back and won 27-24. Then at #5 Auburn I won 31-17. They went on to lose their next 2 games so maybe they weren't that good to begin with. Then I played a few with home field on. I played at South Alabama and they just dominated me. Their 84 overall QB didn't miss a pass. I couldn't stop them to save my life. I'm gonna play a few more with home field on and see what happens but it looks like it might be better off.

Look at how you won that Arizona game. Was it back and forth with players making plays (getting hot in the game) or did the cpu hit a wall in the second half? I try to look at a seasons worth of data before making adjustments.

If you are not getting the games you want then check out my thread (Not another slider thread) to see what I found on the fatigue setting and how others are seeing better game play.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Look at how you won that Arizona game. Was it back and forth with players making plays (getting hot in the game) or did the cpu hit a wall in the second half? I try to look at a seasons worth of data before making adjustments.

If you are not getting the games you want then check out my thread (Not another slider thread) to see what I found on the fatigue setting and how others are seeing better game play.

Arizona pretty much fell off the face of the earth offensively after the 1st quarter. I'm gonna play around some more and make a some decisions before I start a new dynasty with the revamped stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 01:17 AM   #6
Rookie

I think this has more to do with the overall team ratings. If you're an 84 and play at 99 Ohio st, the game will be too easy to stay in and win. And if you're the 99 team there's more games that are dogfights. For whatever reason threw game seems to favor the lower rated team. I used to do the dynamic progression stuff and try to keep my team down... lately I've figured out if I'm a 99 overall, it's harder to beat everyone. Can't remember exactly who's sliders and what set...but j-kits/ community hybrid with qb acc at 5... hard to get an offense going. Also using the editor turn everyone's agility to 95. Makes the defense smarter and tougher to score on while showing more rare animations (suggested by @tucker06.

Just a few ideas odd things to try... last thing, I doubt stack my team and cut the worst players, only recruit to fill positions of outgoing seniors, no scouting... you get what you get
Old 12-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKEjcl41
I think this has more to do with the overall team ratings. If you're an 84 and play at 99 Ohio st, the game will be too easy to stay in and win. And if you're the 99 team there's more games that are dogfights. For whatever reason threw game seems to favor the lower rated team. I used to do the dynamic progression stuff and try to keep my team down... lately I've figured out if I'm a 99 overall, it's harder to beat everyone. Can't remember exactly who's sliders and what set...but j-kits/ community hybrid with qb acc at 5... hard to get an offense going. Also using the editor turn everyone's agility to 95. Makes the defense smarter and tougher to score on while showing more rare animations (suggested by @tucker06.

Just a few ideas odd things to try... last thing, I doubt stack my team and cut the worst players, only recruit to fill positions of outgoing seniors, no scouting... you get what you get
All of this can be solved by turning fatigue off, fyi.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:45 AM   #8
Rookie

I play with fatigue off and my team's still play better against top ranked all 99s and barely get by FCS schools... overlook them once ok sure, but every time is a pattern.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »