Home

Retool, Redesign, Reclaim: A Chicago Cubs Franchise

This is a discussion on Retool, Redesign, Reclaim: A Chicago Cubs Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-22-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Sportsgaming2021's Arena

OVR: 0
Retool, Redesign, Reclaim: A Chicago Cubs Franchise

First off I would like to thank all of you for checking out my dynasty of the Chicago Cubs. I want to use this first post to go over my set up and overview of my franchise.

My Settings:
Hitting Difficulty:HOF
Hitting View:Fish Eye
Hitting Interface:Directional
Guess Pitch:Off

Pitching Difficulty:Legend
Pitching Interface:Classic
Pitching View:Outfield
Fielding:Auto

I use clean screens so when I stream it's like watching a true game. Which means you will never see the baserunners box, pitch selection, or swing feedback.

Sliders:
I go with Mike Lowe's slider set. It gives me the best realism for my franchise which is my ultimate goal. (Big shout out to Mike Lowe's for the hard work he puts in year in and year out on these sliders)

Overview:
My goal is to run the most realistic franchise as possible. Which means I know I won't win every game. I have budgets on and force trades off as I will not make a trade the CPU will not accept. I am playing with universal DH which is the way MLB is heading so I figured I'd get a jump start on it. This franchise will be filled with story telling and streaming gameplay as well as in depth recaps. I hope everyone follows along and is invested as I will be bring you all the action.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2020, 01:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Sportsgaming2021's Arena

Re: Retool, Redesign, Reclaim: A Chicago Cubs Franchise

Big Changes Coming:
Attached Images
File Type: png News Article.png (635.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 10-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Sportsgaming2021's Arena

The Land scape is changing:

Cody did not replace anyone on the coaching staff or in the front office as both Jed Hoyer and Jason McLeod would stay on the staff. McBride would also keep newly hired manager David Ross on board along with his staff for the time being. “I talked while David and we had a great conversation and I believe he is who we need to lead this team” said McBride. “We also talked about how the rest of the staff will be under the microscope as the last few season haven’t been all that impressive with the hitting, whether that be just from the talent or the hitting coach has yet to be determined” says McBride. “Big changes are coming and the setup for the future will be key, I will sit down with Mr. Ricketts and discuss our options moving forward” said McBride.

McBride did not waste any time getting to work as replacement to Theo. He started by reaching out to all teams letting them know who he would be willing to part ways with. As well as seeing who could be available from other teams. “While the Cubs have very few top prospects, they do still have some with some great upside and value. I will do my best to get the best value for any players I see fit to trade” said McBride.

On January 24, the fans saw the first of many trades go down as the Cubs and Dodgers came to this agreement:

Dodgers received:
• Tyler Chatwood
• Chase Strumpf (A potential prospect)
• Aramis Ademan (A potential Prospect)
Cubs Received:
• Dustin May
• Brusdar Graterol

On that say day the Mets and Cubs would solidify a trade:

Mets received:
• Kyle Schwarber
Cubs received:
• Edwin Diaz

The final trade of the day would see the Tampa Bay Rays and Cubs come to an agreement:

Tampa Bay received:
• Miguel Amaya
• Ed Howard
• Ian Miller
Cubs Received:
• Austin Meadows

Breaking down the day of trades saw some solid work from the Cubs getting a wave of youth as well as fill some holes they needed to. First let us look at the Dodgers trade, this gave the Dodgers a couple young middle infielders with huge upsides as both only 20 years of age are rated 68 and 66 overall already. It also gave the Dodgers a 5th starter to complement their rotation. In return it gave the Cubs a true future number 2 starter that could help the rotation this year and be a great compliment to their future ace Brailyn Marquez. It also allowed the Cubs to put some youth into the bullpen with flame thrower Brusdar Graterol.

Breaking down the Mets trade saw the Cubs final put a dent into the young core with trading away Kyle Schwarber. This was bound to happen with the Cubs having so much young talent to lock up in the future and cash being an issue with that. On the other hand, the Mets were not impressed with Diaz last years performance, but McBride believes that a change of scenery is all Edwin needs to turn it around. This give both teams what they need, the Mets get a power middle of the order bat and the Cubs get a young true closer with electric stuff.

The final trade of the day saw the Rays get a waive of youth and the Cubs received an outfield that is known for making contact which is something they have been lacking the past couple of years. This gave the Rays a young future infielder and a young catcher with big upside. The also acquired a speedy outfielder. With an outfield log jam in Tampa this will give Meadows the opportunity to play everyday and it gives the Cubs a left-handed bat for the bottom part of the line up that is known for getting on base.

On January 26th, everyone saw what would most likely be the final 3 trades McBride would make. The Cubs came to terms with 3 teams (Twins, Indians, and Mariners).

First trade saw the Twins and Cubs for the most part just swap big contracts.

Twins received:
• Jon Lester
Cubs received:
• Marwin Gonzalez
• Michael Pineda

The next trade saw the Cubs go after another left-handed bat with some speed with hopes of potentially be that leadoff hitter they desperately need. The Cubs also targeted a first baseman of the future.

Indians received:
• Jose Quintana
Cubs received:
• Bradley Zimmer
• Bobby Bradley

The final trade the Cubs would make would come with the Mariners as the Cubs would target a young left-handed center fielder for the near future. It would come at a cost as the Cubs would have to give up their number 3 Prospect along with two other pieces.

Mariners received:
• Albert Almora Jr
• Brennen Davis
• Ronnier Quintero
Cubs received:
• Jarred Kelenic

Overall, the Cubs are pleased with their return even though they did give up a lot of prospects. They still feel the return is what was needed to set this team up for success for the next 10 plus years.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:01 AM   #4
Rookie

Sportsgaming2021's Arena

With Spring training upon us here is a breakdown of the 40 man roster.

40 Man Roster:
Starting Pitchers:
1. Yu Darvish
2. Kyle Hendricks
3. Brailyn Marquez
4. Dustin May
5. Alec Mills
6. Adbert Alzolay
7. Michael Pineda
8. Ryan Jensen
Bullpen:
1. Dan Winkler
2. Andrew Chafin
3. Pedro Strop
4. Craig Kimbrel
5. Rowan Wick
6. Ryan Tepera
7. Jeremy Jeffress
8. Brusdar Graterol
9. Jason Adams
10. Kyle Ryan
11. Duane Underwood Jr
12. Jack Patterson
13. Edwin Diaz
Catchers:
1. Willson Contreras
2. Victor Caratini
Infielders:
1. Anthony Rizzo
2. Jose Martinez
3. Bobby Bradley
4. Marwin Gonzalez
5. Jason Kipnis
6. Ildemaro Vargas
7. Nico Horner
8. Kris Bryant
9. David Bote
10. Hernan Perez
11. Javier Baez
Outfielders:
1. Austin Meadows
2. Cameron Maybin
3. Ian Happ
4. Billy Hamilton
5. Bradley Zimmer
6. Jason Heyward
Old 10-28-2020, 11:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Sportsgaming2021's Arena

Midway through spring training:
As we make our way halfway through spring training the Cubs sit at 8-6. So far, they have seen great things out of their younger core. Also, the trades have seem to pay off with new closer Edwin Diaz supporting a 1.50ERA and going perfect in 6 save opportunities. Newly acquired rookie Bobby Bradley has post a .286 batting AVG with 3 homers.

During a press conference new President of Baseball Operations had this to say about the team “ this is the time of year that all players work the winter rust off and show that they belong on the 26 man roster. All the way around we have seen some great things and it has been hard to narrow this down to just 26 men, but this is a great problem to have as it gives us depth all around.” First year manager was asked about how he felt going into his first season as manager. He had this to say “I have been a part of a lot of great teams most recently 2016. I feel like this team we have right now gives that same feeling that we had then and look out for these kids to do big things this year. While we always have big expectations for ourselves we also have to remember that this team is young and will have growing pains, but I do feel like we have the right veterans on this team to help lead and guide us to the promise land in October.” When asked if he was done looking at trades McBride had this to say “we will always be exploring options and will pull any trigger that is needed to make this team better for the long term not the short term.”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2020, 01:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Sportsgaming2021's Arena

Welcome to the start of the Chicago Cubs 2020 Season.

Spring training has come and gone. This left first year manager David Ross and the front office with a lot of tough decisions such as who will pitch opening day, who will make the roster, and what will the bullpen look like? All these questions were answered and then some the day after their last spring training game. Rookie sensation Brailyn Marquez will get the opening day nod after going 5-0, 2.90ERA, 32K. This spring did not come without bad news as Cubs will be without Kyle Hendricks for at least the first two weeks due to back tightness.

Below is a look at the Cubs 2020 opening day roster as well as first series pitching matchups.

Starting Rotation:
1. Brailyn Marquez
2. Yu Darvish
3. Dustin May
4. Alec Mills
5. Adbert Alzolay
Bullpen:
LRP- Duane Underwood Jr. (R)
MRP- Jeremy Jeffress (R)
MRP- Jason Adams (R)
MRP- Jack Patterson (L)
MRP- Dan Winkler (R)
SU- Brusdar Graterol (R)
SU- Rowan Wick (R)
CL- Edwin Diaz (R)

Lineup:
1. Bradley Zimmer- CF
2. Javier Baez- SS
3. Anthony Rizzo- 1B
4. Kris Bryant- 3B
5. Willson Contreras- C
6. Austin Meadows- LF
7. Jason Heyward- RF
8. Jason Kipnis- 2B
9. Ian Happ- DH
Bench:
1. Victor Caratini
2. David Bote
3. Nico Hoerner
4. Marwin Gonzalez

The Cubs look completely different heading into the 2020 versus last year. They will kick off the season against division rival Brewers. The Cubs still have a sour taste in their mouth from missing the playoffs and hope to not only get back, but to play deep into October. What will this season hold for the Cubs? There is only one way to find out and that is to follow along through the 2020 season.

Cubs VS Brewers (3 game series):
Pitching Matchup Game 1:
Brailyn Marquez (0-0, 0.00) VS Corbin Burnes (0-0, 0.00)

Pitching Matchup Game 2:
Yu Darvish (0-0, 0.00) VS Brandon Woodruff (0-0, 0.00)

Pitching Matchup Game 3:
Dustin May (0-0, 0.00) VS Adrian Houser (0-0, 0.00)
Old 10-29-2020, 05:16 AM   #7
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Not a Cubs fan at all. I'm a Mariners fan.

But As a BASEBALL Fan, I was stoked as hell during that Cubs 2016 World Series run.

Looking forward to this!
Old 10-29-2020, 11:56 AM   #8
Rookie

Sportsgaming2021's Arena

I appreciate you following along and I had every emotion under the sun running through me on game 7 of the 2016 world series lol. I have always dreamed of being in charge of retooling the Cubs even though it looks more like I rebuilt them lol. Hoping to get the first series knocked out today and the the home opener tonight.

I hope everyone has as much fun following along as I do bring all the action to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstone1987
Not a Cubs fan at all. I'm a Mariners fan.

But As a BASEBALL Fan, I was stoked as hell during that Cubs 2016 World Series run.

Looking forward to this!
Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »