Home

Old 10-23-2020, 11:37 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Takedowns

Some issues I have with the current system, 1 that has been present since UFC 3...

When doing a major lunge to the side to avoid a strike(jab, straight, uppercut, etc) and you get to the opponents side/back and immediately try to shoot a takedown, but hit air... is it due to the range of takedowns being small or is something missing? Is the camera swinging too far, causing a further distance between fighters than it should? Has anyone been able to successfully pull this off consistently or at all?

The range of takedowns.. aside from the ankle pick, you seem to have to be on top of the guy to land it or have them coming into range during/about to strike.. I can jab you, but my double leg hits air? Especially if they’re walking backwards... Personally I think kicking range should be a viable distance, you see guys shooting from the outside and driving IRL..

Inputs... this one is annoying.. although I’d say user error.. an intended body hook or body shot in general turning into a takedown is frustrating.. but then you also have takedowns being stopped by essentially any strike.. I’ve been jabbed out of a takedown attempt, or try to sway, or strike and shoot and have the takedown input drop and I stand there and eat a shot or two instead...

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »