Home

Size Of Defensive Ends

This is a discussion on Size Of Defensive Ends within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Size Of Defensive Ends

I thought these were 300 pound guys. I see some when recruiting that are around 250 pounds. I recruited an athlete that was 170 pounds. He was a 79 at DE. Could this be right? I want a good pass rusher. What should I be looking for? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2020, 10:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: Size Of Defensive Ends

College DE could be as light as 225-230 pounds. They are usually taller, and have good speed and quickness. You could convert a LB to DE. DE could also play outside LB in a 3-4 or 3-3-5 defense. Heavier D-linemen are better off as tackles or nose guards.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:48 PM   #3
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Depends on your scheme a lot. 4-3 defensive ends look a whole lot different than 3-4 defensive ends typically
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Here's a guide I use to normalize a lot of incoming recruits.

https://www.ncsasports.org/football/...ing-guidelines
Old 10-25-2020, 01:32 AM   #5
Rookie

CoachGunns's Arena

OVR: 0

Really nice guide sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

If you're playing 14, I recall seeing people running tests of player weight and showing that it's nearly irrelevant, at least in terms of OL/DL interactions.

Unclear to me if it has any impact on tackle animations (i.e. yards after contact). Someone may have tested it, I just don't remember the results or having read it.

I still try to generally recruit players with weights that make sense, but that's just for my own mind.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:12 AM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
If you're playing 14, I recall seeing people running tests of player weight and showing that it's nearly irrelevant, at least in terms of OL/DL interactions.

Unclear to me if it has any impact on tackle animations (i.e. yards after contact). Someone may have tested it, I just don't remember the results or having read it.

I still try to generally recruit players with weights that make sense, but that's just for my own mind.

I move guys all around the field. I run a 4-2-5. I recruit run stopping OLBs to play end for me. I recruit pass rushing DEs and run stopping DTs to play the 2 interior line positions. I move box safeties to the OLB positions. I only recruit corners to play the 5 DN slots. I am often under sized but it has little to no effect on the game. The game relies more on ratings the physics.

Where height/weight does play a role is who gets drafted. Each position has a set minimum. If you dig around here at OS you can find the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-30-2020, 02:44 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I move guys all around the field. I run a 4-2-5. I recruit run stopping OLBs to play end for me. I recruit pass rushing DEs and run stopping DTs to play the 2 interior line positions. I move box safeties to the OLB positions. I only recruit corners to play the 5 DN slots. I am often under sized but it has little to no effect on the game. The game relies more on ratings the physics.

Where height/weight does play a role is who gets drafted. Each position has a set minimum. If you dig around here at OS you can find the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This hijacks the thread a bit, but I run my DC's playbooks, and I'm currently using a 425 (fatigue off, Young22's sliders) and I am finding the lack of any sets with 3 LBs to be very difficult to work with to stop the run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »