Home

Career of Jerromy Peters

This is a discussion on Career of Jerromy Peters within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2020, 04:54 AM   #1
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

OVR: 0
Career of Jerromy Peters

This is my first time doing one of these diaries, so hopefully it isn't too cringe. I'm looking for someone who is good at graphic design to maybe help provide some good looks for this. I want this to run for a long time, but also be nice to look at when I do reports and other things throughout the life of the dynasty.

BACKSTORY

Jerromy Peters loved football since he could remember. He grew up watching the Arkansas Razorbacks & Dallas Cowboys. He told his parents he wanted to play football, but one thing was keeping him off the gridiron. Jerromy's parents took him to the doctor to get his sports physical done, that is when they received the news. Jerromy had really bad asthma. The Doctor wouldn't clear Jerromy to play football in fear of him having an episode on the field and possibly not making it. This crushed Jerromy, but he kept his head high and cheered his team on every Friday until he graduated in 2010.

Shortly after graduation, Jerromy enrolled in college and approached his high school alma mater about being apart of the football staff as an assistant. They had a long meeting, but ultimately decided he would be a great fit as a QB & RB coach. It was an unpaid position due to rules within the AHSAA, but Jerromy didn't care. All he cared about was being on the staff and learning the craft of being a coach.

Jerromy would spend 4 seasons on the staff. During these 4 seasons, he would see the team get all the way to the State Championship game for the first time in school history. They ended up getting blown out, but that didn't bring the morale down at all for Jerromy or the team. He worked real hard with his QBs and RBs throughout the time he was with the team. We were seeing things that hadn't been seen before in high school football with RBs throwing the ball quite often. Jerromy had the idea of "If the people who are behind center can throw the ball, no matter the position. Don't you think that would be something we should take advantage to keep the defense guessing?" The head coach loved it and always had plays drawn up for the idea.

After the 2014 season, Jerromy graduated from college and decided it was time to try and get his foot in the door of the coaching scene. He started looking for a job within the state of Arkansas. There weren't many opportunities, but one school was very interested in Peters. West Finger Knights had only just established their program in 2010, but was off to a very horrible start. During the time, they only managed to go 2-47-1 with no signs of improvement. They immediately gave Jerromy once they interviewed him and declared him the future of the program.

Coach Peters went right to work once he arrived at West Finger. He met with all of his players and their parents. The biggest point he wanted to drive home was that grades were just as important as their performance on the field. He made sure his players knew that they weren't allowed to get a D on anything throughout the week. If any of his players got a D, they wouldn't play that week and would have to try again next week. He wanted to make sure the players who wanted to succeed bad enough at football, could also do it in the classroom. This was met with criticism by some parents, but he said once again "If your kid wants this bad enough, he'll make sure his nose is deep in his books studying.

Coach Peters has been with West Finger for 5 seasons. Each season getting better than the previous. His last two seasons, he was able to take the Knights to the playoffs. The most recent season, he went undefeated and won a State Championship. The school offered him an extension to stay with the school for a few more years, but the NCAA was knocking on his door. He would soon realize there was some schools interested in bringing him on as an Offensive Coordinator.

Jerromy would meet with his players to discuss what was going on. He was always open with his players as a decision like this would affect them the most. It was almost unanimous, the players wanted their coach to go into the college scene. So with that, Jerromy returned some of those phone calls and interviewed with a few teams.

WEST FINGER KNIGHTS HISTORY
2010 0-10
2011 1-8-1
2012 1-9
2013 0-10
2014 0-10
COACH PETERS TAKES OVER PROGRAM
2015 4-6
2016 5-5
2017 7-5 2ND ROUND
2018 10-2 QUARTERFINALS
2019 15-0 STATE CHAMPIONS

============================================
COACH JERROMY PETERS CAREER HISTORY
2015-2019
Head Coach - West Finger Knights (HS)
41-18 | STATE CHAMPIONSHIP (2019)

Offensive Coordinator - Akron Zips
11-2 | W FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL vs. Colorado State

Head Coach - UL Monroe Warhawks
4-1

COACH PETERS HEAD COACHING CAREER RECORD
45-19

Over the next several weeks of the offseason, Jerromy would interview with about 10 teams. Some of these teams were from Power 5 conferences. He was overwhelmed by the attention. He ran an air raid style offense, but incorporated his RBs alot as QBs. After doing his interviews, he was officially offered an OC job by 5 schools. His decision was due by the end of the week seeing how the schools wanted to get their offseason rolling sooner rather than later.

COACH PETERS JOB OFFERS
Akron Zips - 2 Year Contract
Coastal Carolina - 2 Year Contract
Georgia Southern - 3 Year Contract
San Jose State - 3 Year Contract
Tulsa - 1 Year Contract

Last edited by Jerromy; 11-19-2020 at 04:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2020, 05:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

Re: Career of Jerromy Peters

Akron Zips introduces Jerromy Peters as OC
Coach Arth ready for offensive change

Akron, OH There is change happening with the Zips in 2020. Coach Arth has announced he has hired Jerromy Peters to take over the Offensive Coordinator position. They met for a few hours and they both hit it off. Coach Arth loved the offensive ideology that Coach Peters laid out on the table.

Coach Arth wanted to make it a point that he wasn't happy with his offensive production last season and wanted a unique change to how they ran things. He said Coach Peters is a perfect fit to what he wants to accomplish. Coach Peters met with his offensive group a few hours ago and told us the meeting was "Fantastic". The players really paid attention to what he had to say about the kind of offense he wanted to run.

We caught up with Coach Peters for a brief interview as he was heading off campus to head back home to prepare his big move.

What does it feel like to officially be a coach on the college level?

I don't think it has fully hit me yet. It's really weird, when I was getting offers I wasn't really focused on the whole thing yet. I think once the season starts and Friday rolls around, I'll realize I'm not in high school anymore. That is when it will finally hit me that I'm at the next level.

What makes your offense different than anything else that is ran in College?

I like to throw the ball. I ran this kind of offense in high school. Train your players that are behind center to throw the ball no matter if they are a QB or a RB. We need to keep the defense guessing while taking our time and make them feel the pressure with every snap. I'm not a hurry up kind of coach, I like to take our time and really just burn that clock and lay the pressure on the other team

Do you see yourself as a head coach at the college level?

That's the goal!! I gotta get to work though and show I'm worthy of that title. I can't just get this coordinator job and go out there and not have anything to put on the field. I gotta make sure my offense plays hard every week and puts us in the best position to win ball games.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

Akron Releases 2020 Schedule

Old 10-25-2020, 11:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

SETTINGS & RULES

Alright so with this being my first Dynasty, I did some major thinking before I started. I'm going to keep this true as possible and play in Coach Mode only. So we are using Tommycoa's CPU v CPU sliders.

I'm also running the College Football Revamped Mod, so we will have some updated uniforms as well as roster for 2020 season.

As a coordinator, I'll be running the style offense I want to run. If & when I become head coach, the playbooks for Offense & Defense will shift to the coordinator's style.

I am only allowed to switch jobs if it is a vertical move. I don't want to move laterally to another 1* school as Coordinator. If it's a 2* school for Coordinator job then its free game. Even if its a head coaching position, I wouldn't move to another 1* school. This will keep me coaching at a school longer.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

2020 SEASON PREVIEW

OFFENSIVE PREVIEW

Preseason Top 25 - Updated: Aug 20, 2020
RKLWTEAMWLPOINTS
1-Clemson
2-Ohio State
3-Alabama
4-Georgia
5-Oklahoma
6-LSU
7-Penn State
8-Florida
9-Oregon
10-Notre Dame
11-Auburn
12-Wisconsin
13-Texas A&M
14-Texas
15-Oklahoma State
16-Michigan
17-USC
18-North Carolina
19-Minnesota
20-Cincinnati
21-UCF
22-Utah
23-Iowa State
24-Iowa
25-Tennessee

WEEK 1 - COLLEGE GAMEDAY PICKS
Matchup Preview *|* August 27, 2020
@
Akron Zips
(0-0)
#21 UCF Knights
(0-0)

KIRK UCF has far greater talent than Akron. This will be a warmup game for UCF. The Knights win big by 30 points.

Matchup Preview *|* August 27, 2020
@
#18 North Carolina Tar Heels
(0-0)
South Carolina Gamecocks
(0-0)

KIRK This will be a close game. I think Coach Muschamp has got this team playing with a chip on its shoulder to start the season. However North Carolina will be too much. Mack Brown's Heels wins by 7.

Matchup Preview *|* August 29, 2020
@
#6 LSU Tigers
(0-0)
TCU Horned Frogs
(0-0)

KIRK LSU coming off a National Championship year has a lot they need to prove during this first game. Coach O has pounded this point to his players, they can't look like a different team. LSU by 10

GAME OF THE WEEK
Matchup Preview *|* August 29, 2020
@
#4 Georgia Bulldogs
(0-0)
#1 Clemson Tigers
(0-0)

KIRK What a fantastic way to end Week 1. It's a Top 4 contest between #1 vs. #4 - Both teams will be playing at a high nature. In the end, Dabo's team will have the edge of Kirby Smart. Clemson by 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

ZIPS PREVAIL!
Upset of the Year?

Orlando, FL In what was dubbed as a warmup game by Kirk Herbstreit during College Gameday, the #21 ranked UCF Knights fell!! The Akron Zips came into the game as the 30 point underdog, but proved to the world they got some fight in them. Right out of the gate, OC Jerromy Peters had a gameplan that worked to perfection on the first drive of the game. The offense took their time every play and made sure to eat clock every time they had the ball. The first drive looked like it was going to stall out, but Kato Nelson used his legs to scramble away from the trouble and convert a 3rd down situation. The drive ended with a rushing touchdown from Cole Gest!

Cole Gest runs it from 14 Yards out to open the Game!

The Zips defense would look good throughout the entire game. While they gave up yards, they would hold UCF when it mattered. UCF would score near the end of the 1st quarter when Greg McCrae scored a rushing touchdown of his own tying the game up at 7-7. Both teams would go at it for awhile, but each defense would prevail. The Akron Zips had an opportunity to score, but they went for it on 4th & Goal from the 1 and failed to convert. UCF would march it down the field and score with just seconds left in the half and take the lead 14-7 going into halftime.

Coming out of the half, the Zips would not show any weakness. Just like they opened the game, they would open the 2nd half by methodically move the ball down the field while taking some clock out. One play would see Andre Williams be wide open for a huge gainer down field that would set up for success. The drive would end with Kato Nelson taking a read option in from 1 yard out to tie the game up at 14-14.

Kato Nelson finds Andre Williams for 40 Yards!

The Zips defense would shine again. They would hold UCF when it mattered and would give the offense an opportunity to take the lead. The UCF Knights would have none of it however as their defense would play just as hard. They're the 21st ranked team in the country, they don't want to lose this game. In the 4th quarter, the Akron Zips offense would find some success late. They were going on a familiar drive, moving the ball methodically. They would get small plays keeping them ahead of the chains. Then all of a sudden, UCF's defense made a huge error and left a man wide open again and set Akron up with a 1st & Goal!! Kato Nelson would seal the drive with a 7 Yard pass to Andre Williams for the Touchdown!!! Smigel would go on to miss the PAT, putting the pressure on the Akron defense!!

The defense came out and it started out rough for them. They gave up a couple of first downs, but was able to stall UCF out and force a punt giving the ball back to Peters' offense. Just like Peters said he wanted to do, burn the clock. Akron would earn three first downs and burn the clock all the way to 0:00 and earn the upset victory of the year so far with a 20-14 score!!!

Andre Williams gets open in the endzone!

Akron Zips at UCF Knights
Aug 27, 20201ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Akron Zips (1-0)7076-20
#21 UCF Knights (0-1)7700-14
Team Stats Comparison
AKRUCF
Total Offense453371
Rushing Yards126103
Passing Yards327268
First Downs2120
Punt Return Yards50
Kick Return Yards1987
Total Yards477458
Turnovers11
3rd Down Conversion5-98-14
4th Down Conversion0-10-1
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals7-3-03-2-0
Penalties6-324-35
Possession Time22:3613:24
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGAKRUCF
6:42(AKR) C. Gest, 14 Yd run (Smigel Kick)70
0:41(UCF) G. McCrae, 0 Yd run (Obarski Kick)77
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGAKRUCF
0:06(UCF) M. Williams, 10 Yd pass from D. Gabriel (Obarski Kick)714
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGAKRUCF
6:10(AKR) K. Nelson, 1 Yd run (Smigel Kick)1414
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGAKRUCF
5:11(AKR) A. Williams, 7 Yd pass from K. Nelson (Missed Kick)2014
Akron Zips
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Kato Nelson23/3432711
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Cole Gest13796.01
Kato Nelson10484.81
Michiah Burton1-1-1.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Cole Gest7446.20
Andre Williams513126.21
Nate Stewart46315.70
Julian Hicks33812.60
Michiah Burton22713.50
Jonah Morris11313.00
Maverick Wolfley11111.00
UCF Knights
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Dillon Gabriel25/3626810
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Otis Anderson15513.40
Dillon Gabriel7294.10
Greg McCrae5173.41
Zach Marsh-Wojan144.00
Marlon Williams122.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Marlon Williams99210.21
Tre Nixon56813.60
Jaylon Robinson34113.60
Jake Hescock33612.00
Otis Anderson2136.50
Greg McCrae2136.50
Ke'Von Ahmad155.00
Old 10-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR JERROMY PETERS POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCE

Coach Peters I saw great things out on the field today by my guys. We established a game plan for this particular game and it worked out great. I told they guys that no matter what situation they find themselves in, we stick to the plan. That was to burn the clock and get the ball down the field when we could.

Yes we have some things to work on. I wasn't happy with some of the dropped passes. We had several times on 3rd down, open receiver dropped the 1st down catch and killed the drive. We kept our heads up and stuck to our plan though, and as you saw it eventually paid off.

We ran the ball more than I'm comfortable with during this game, but that is what I call situational coaching. I didn't see it making sense throwing the ball on a 3rd and short situation. I could already hear the fans yelling at me if I chose to pass the ball. Kato is a great player and knows when to use his legs to pick some yards up. That's the great thing about it, while we are an air raid offense, we have a QB who can identify when its time to take off and go for the first down and keep the drive alive. I think with that, we can open it up for questions!

Reporter Andre Williams had a huge day today. Only 5 catches, but got 131 yards and a touchdown. Are you surprised by his performance?

Coach Peters Andre has been working really hard during practices. I knew eventually he would break out and have a huge day, did I expect it to be today?? No. I'm being honest with you. I was thinking that Stewart or Morris would be the ones to have huge days, but it was Andre's day. He got wide open several times and was able to make plays, but at the same time he was part of the group that dropped passes when he was wide open. Everyone has something they need to work on.

Reporter Kato Nelson was decent today both in the passing and running game. Going forward are we gonna see more from the running game?

Coach Peters Like I said before, Kato is a QB that has a set of legs that he can use to get out of trouble. He can identify when he needs to scramble and when to set and throw.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

WEEK 1 REVIEW

Indianapolis, IN Week 1 is in the books and we had some great games over the weekend. We had a few upsets and some blowouts!! Here is a review of some marquee games and upsets from Week 1

TOP 25 MARQUEE & UPSETS
Akron 20, #21 UCF 14
Georgia Southern 24, #12 Wisconsin 17
Coastal Carolina 30, #14 Texas 33 OT
#7 Penn State 6, Syracuse 30
Mississippi State 38, #17 Oklahoma State 17
Northern Illinois 24, #24 Iowa 21
#4 Georgia 17, #1 Clemson 42

This has definitely caused changes to the Top 25 Polls. Let's take a look at those now:

NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Sep 2, 2020
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
11Clemson (32)101496
22Ohio State (25)101345
33Alabama (1)101301
45Oklahoma (1)101215
56LSU (1)101184
68Florida (1)101084
79Oregon101041
810Notre Dame10997
911Auburn10953
104Georgia01941
1113Texas A&M10865
1214Texas10821
1316Michigan10733
1417USC10702
1518North Carolina10685
1619Minnesota10601
1720Cincinnati10556
1822Utah10467
1923Iowa State10423
20--Mississippi State10378
217Penn State01363
2225Tennessee10334
2315Oklahoma State01309
24--Memphis00289
2512Wisconsin01225

Now let's head over to the crew for the ESPN College Gameday Picks of the Week!!!!

WEEK 2 - COLLEGE GAMEDAY PICKS
Matchup Preview *|* September 5, 2020
@
Eastern Michigan Eagles
(0-1)
#21 Penn State Nittany Lions
(0-1)

KIRK Penn State is reeling after a blowout loss to Syracuse. I expect them to bounce back and win this game by 20

@
#6 Florida Gators
(1-0)
Miami (FL) Hurricanes
(1-0)

KIRK Big rivalry game early in the season. Both teams are going to come into this with emotions running high. I think Coach Mullen's Gators takes this one by 10

@
#8 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
(1-0)
#13 Michigan Wolverines
(1-0)

KIRK Another rivalry game early in the season. Both teams coming off good wins. Michigan has too much talent for Notre Dame, Wolverines by 3.

@
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
(1-0)
Akron Zips
(1-0)

KIRK Akron surprised me last week against UCF, but the surprises end this week. Western Kentucky is coming off a huge win against Kentucky, and their offense looked insane!! WKU by 17

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »